• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Called "The American Community Survey" distributed by The Department of Commerce/U.S. Census Bureau. Form is ACS-1(2009)KFI for what it's worth.

What in the world I do? Just fill out the date and number of people living here and send it back in? I'm not giving anybody more information than that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Called "The American Community Survey" distributed by The Department of Commerce/U.S. Census Bureau. Form is ACS-1(2009)KFI for what it's worth.

What in the world I do? Just fill out the date and number of people living here and send it back in? I'm not giving anybody more information than that.

There is no such form, just read the forum posts from my "progressive liberal friends". Mine are ? up to two forms waiting on my 3rd before I make a firm commitment one way or another. How many pages are there - I guessed at 30 but can't find mine so I guessed at the page count. What time do you leave for work :D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't want to fill it out either. Don't want to pay fines though. Here is a question. Does the fine cover the survey in general or is a person fined for every question not answered? That would make a big difference.

Also in another thread in one of the videos the lady said that after refusing to provide information the census worker then went to her neighbors and asked them questions about her to fill in answers.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    There is no such form, just read the forum posts from my "progressive liberal friends". Mine are ? up to two forms waiting on my 3rd before I make a firm commitment one way or another. How many pages are there - I guessed at 30 but can't find mine so I guessed at the page count. What time do you leave for work :D
    It's 28 pages from to back. Green boxes.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you don't fill it out completely they WILL send someone to your home to harass you. I know this from experience. I round filed two copies I got in the mail. Then I had to deal with multiple visits from Census trolls. They will try to intimidate you and force you to fill out the thing. I just gave them the number of people in the house hold and kept shutting the door on them. I got no fines or anything like it, just threats from their people. If you can put up with that you'll be OK. YMMV, tho. I plan on pretty much the same thing for the census. The ACS is unConstitutional as far as I'm concerned. It is NOT the same as the Census.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It's 28 pages from to back. Green boxes.

OK, I fibbed it's not 30 only 28 pages - Thanks. My understanding is that it's a 100 dollar fine for not completing and returning the form. 500 dollar fine if your untruthful but I don't think that they pro rate your fine for not answering some of the questions. Opinions vary if the fine is really levied but most think that it is not. We sure do live in interesting times :rolleyes:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I don't want to fill it out either. Don't want to pay fines though. Here is a question. Does the fine cover the survey in general or is a person fined for every question not answered? That would make a big difference.

Also in another thread in one of the videos the lady said that after refusing to provide information the census worker then went to her neighbors and asked them questions about her to fill in answers.

Whooo,boy! I think I would be calling an attorney on that one! TOTAL violation of privacy if anyone answered. I'd be RICH! :rockwoot:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    It just says that you have to answer HONESTLY and COMPLETELY, doesn't it. There can be MANY correct honest answers to a question without giving information that they are not entitled to. :D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Here is a thought on going after those that don't fill out the ACS....

All it would take is 1 court ruling to throw a monkey wrench in the entire system. Is it worth it to pursue that one believer in privacy, have the case escalate through the courts, then have it ruled invalid.......or, get as much info as you can from the millions of people that do fill it out "no questions asked"?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'll fill it out and send it back. They are going to redistrict areas like mine to thin out the Red neighborhoods and pull them in to Blue ones like they did to us.

You see that little bitty nub at the bottom of this map:

IN-7th.png

That's a mostly conservative area they sucked in to Carson's district...

Top Bottom