• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Periodically we see someone on here post a link to 50K lbs of brass for sale which is out of our reach. I noticed today they are selling small lots of brass now at a reasonable price.
    For example: 35 lbs of .223 for $124.95 not a bad price. If I do my math right, figuring a spent case with primer is about 95.5 grains you get 2,565 cases for that price. (This was calculated with '99 Lake City Brass.)

Shop Brass | Surplus On Demand

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Periodically we see someone on here post a link to 50K lbs of brass for sale which is out of our reach. I noticed today they are selling small lots of brass now at a reasonable price.
    For example: 35 lbs of .223 for $124.95 not a bad price. If I do my math right, figuring a spent case with primer is about 95.5 grains you get 2,565 cases for that price. (This was calculated with '99 Lake City Brass.)

I go where people are shooting & when they leave I pick up their brass:D I tell them, That I'm keeping the woods clean;)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I could not find the 35lbs of 223 brass on the web site. I would be all over some of it. Did I over look it?

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Nobody knows Shooter real name:dunno: Nobody is going to R A T him out:D

Not true. All of your posts are actually searchable via google, etc. You also register when you create an account. This is also why posting pics of your firearms isnt exactly the smartest thing. It becomes public information. Dont forget the governmant can request your info from Fenway if it believes you were "involved."

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do you really think you're anonymous on the internet?

Even the most difficult protocols for anonymity can be cracked given enough time and the proper knowledge. Is the government going to go after him? Not very likely. Does that mean it's a good idea to openly admitting theft from the federal govt? That's never a good idea even if you are 100% anonymous.

To be technical, you can't even take trash from them. If we have something at work to be thrown away, you can't take it home, it doesn't matter. Does that mean people don't put "trash" in their car on the way to the dumpster? No, but they also don't brag about it online.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

five seconds of effort =

picture.php

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    :lol2: Thats not me "Shooter1" on Iwo Jima, thats just some "Soldier" LOL.... I also never stole black sand from the beach the Japanese own, that many fallen Americans died on.... Come on nobody cares, its tactically Acquiring, and Shooter1 MAKES SURE IT DOESNT HURT THE PEOPLE DOWN RANGE....The brass was in a warehouse and it was trash thats been there forever. I restored the monument there and didnt get anything out of it but self pride.... With that said I was never there! :twocents:

PS.... I said I found it! Where did you come up with the stealing thing?

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It's tempting. Hard to say how many are crushed, full of mud ect. You'd just have take a chance on it and see what you end up with.
    I see they have an almost identical deal on 7.62 x 51 but I figure most if not all of it has been run thru a beltfed gun.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

Decent price, but dont forget the cost of shipping from Arizona

shipping was free on most of them.
    Some said free shipping on the title, others said free shipping in the description.

I was just noting when you did the math on the example you gave, you neglected to add the price of shipping. Looks like they only pay shipping on less than 500 pcs of 5.56 and that comes to $98/1000 for dirty, unprepped brass. :noway: $124.95 + $14(?) for shipping = $138.95/2565pcs = $56/1000+/- which is a good deal. Thanks for posting it.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was just tossing it out there for those who might need it. Here is the description for the 5.56 and free shipping

35 Pounds Polished 5.56 Once Fired Military Brass

5.56 Unpolished Brass
    Unpolished fired brass
    Boxer primed.
    Military brass has a crimped primer.
    Approximately 2500 casings
    FREE SHIPPING
    Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet offers the general public the opportunity to purchase authentic DoD surplus direct. To learn more, please click here.

Quantity in stock: 20 item(s) available
    Weight: 35.00 lbs
    Condition: Good
    Shipped from: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Our price: $124.95

Quantity (20 available)

for $20 extra you can buy polished.

Top Bottom