• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems | NOLA.com

In short, kids in crappy schools can't transfer to better ones because the racial make-up of the schools is too important to maintain. This really does make schools look like tools of social engineering for the feds, doesn't it?

And if losing 5 white kids from a voucher transfer changes the percentages that significantly, you weren't all that desegregated in the first place.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems | NOLA.com

In short, kids in crappy schools can't transfer to better ones because the racial make-up of the schools is too important to maintain. This really does make schools look like tools of social engineering for the feds, doesn't it?

And if losing 5 white kids from a voucher transfer changes the percentages that significantly, you weren't all that desegregated in the first place.

While we tinker with social engineering in our schools, the rest of the industrialized/industrializing world is preparing to eat our lunch educationally-speaking.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Yea I thought their would be some character assassination by now.
    Here ill do my own impression:
    Blah blah blah ingotarian blah blah blah
    ad hominem ... Blah blah conspiracy crack pot whacko extremists.
    Public schools are really super. Everyone knows the teachers try really hard. They have a hard job. We should cut them some slack. Life isn't fair. It's for the children.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Public schools are really super. Everyone knows the teachers try really hard. They have a hard job. We should cut them some slack. Life isn't fair. It's for the children.
    Excellent job. But I think you might have forgotten to imply that parents shouldn't really be parents.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hey, 88GT. Are you ever going to share your reasons for repealing the 19th amendment? You have said you want the 19th amendment repealed. Can you share with the community, INGO, why you want to repeal the 19th amendment?

If you can't vote, why should you be allowed to sell real property?

I smell a scam.

?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You always smell a scam it's probably your upper lip.

Hey, 88GT. Are you ever going to share your reasons for repealing the 19th amendment? You have said you want the 19th amendment repealed. Can you share with the community, INGO, why you want to repeal the 19th amendment?

I smell a scam.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

You forgot the purple.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    And under the Constitution the Federal Government has NO role in education. It is a local issue that is supposed to be left up to the states. This social engineering crap was never intended to be done at the Federal level. It was supposed to be left up to the states, that could experiment, fail or succeed, and gain residents or businesses based on that. It is an almost-lost principle called FEDERALISM!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

I smell a scam.

I guess you lost your mojo? Ahh there's always tomorrow.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The social engineering and the decline of the education system started in the late 70's with busing. Now people are upset? Wow just wow. Exactly how bad does it have to get before everyone stands up and say enough is enough?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The social engineering and the decline of the education system started in the late 70's with busing. Now people are upset? Wow just wow. Exactly how bad does it have to get before everyone stands up and say enough is enough?

Those damn ******s! If it weren't those for greasy ******s everything would be a-okay.

Tell us how you really feel...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    For what its worth...

I went to a "black" public school. It wasn't very good for me. They shoved me to the back of the lunch line every day because I was white, and kicked me in the shins if I refused. That left me with five minutes to eat my food, and I never finished my lunch, so I lost weight. One time I was held at knife point while walking home from school, and told to give up my lunch money--that's when I was 7 years old (dumb because it was after school, and I had no lunch money left). Then we had a brick thrown throuh our living room window, while watching television, and that was the last straw. My parents moved us out to the suburbs, where I had to deal with snotty arrogant rich kids.

Ayways, my point is, that I can see why whites would want to change schools, because it sucks to be one of five white kids in a black school. I cannot see how AG Holder considers that racist. It sucks to be the minority no matter what color your skin is, especially when the numbers are that lopsided.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Those damn ******s! If it weren't those for greasy ******s everything would be a-okay.

Tell us how you really feel...

How i really feel is the answer is to fix the education system. Raise the level of education for everyone. Instead of that they chose to go the social engineering route and lower the standard of education for everyone. And look at the result the kids are less educated and society is more polarized than it has been since segregation.

And I take offense at your ignorant comments. If it were not for people like you that think you know what is best for everyone we would all be better off.

Top Bottom