• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I believe this goes into effect July 1st. Now I can go to the football game after work without having to stop by the house and drop off my gun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If it indeed goes into effect on July 1, then isn't it irresponsible on the station's part to make this the first sentence of the report?
    "INDIANAPOLIS - Legal gun owners now can take their firearms with them to school parking lots in Indiana."

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If it indeed goes into effect on July 1, then isn't it irresponsible on the station's part to make this the first sentence of the report?
    "INDIANAPOLIS - Legal gun owners now can take their firearms with them to school parking lots in Indiana."

When did accuracy and responsibility become important to news? Especially at the local TV level. We are very lucky up north if the stories on our local TV stations' websites actually contain correct spelling and grammar.:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I like how the story makes this appear to be a split decision - they provide the opponent view as equal to those in favor. Actually, this bill was a slam dunk. Not even close. Why? Because this isn't a democrat or republican issue - this is true common sense. Is that reported? No. Of course not. If you look at the comments on Indy Star it's sickening how many people chime in with doom and gloom. Where are these people five years from now when there have been zero problems with this law.

Where are the screaming fanatics now who said removing the ban on switchblades was going to cause blood to run in the streets? Where are they?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I laugh every time I read about people who oppose this saying "this will increase the likely hood of school shootings" or something like that.

Preaching to the choir here but people need to learn that laws do not prevent crime. That is not their purpose. So lifting a law like this, which really had no point to begin with, is a good thing.

If you ever use the argument that removing a law will increase crime then you have just proven that such law is unneeded.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I wonder how many schools will flip shyte when they see students with gun racks in their trucks so they can go straight out into the field and hunt.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I wonder how many schools will flip shyte when they see students with gun racks in their trucks so they can go straight out into the field and hunt.

I did not think that it was a given that students would be allowed. Members of student shooting teams need permission from the principal to have their firearms locked in their vehicles.

Top Bottom