• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klfrank24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Thinking about purchasing a S & W governor. Seems to be the real deal. Taurus judge vs governor..... Any suggestions?

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Based on manufacturer reputation alone I would go with the Smith. Previous generations of the Judge had issues however I have heard these are now fixed. We have both a S&W and Taurus. Wife likes both, I do not care of either. Personal preference.

How do you feel about the way the weapons fit in your hand? Do you have an opportunity to try before you buy?

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    I have the ultra-lite version of the judge. Has always worked perfectly. I also like the feel of this model compared to the standard version. They can get pretty heavy when they are loaded. Does S&W make a version of this?

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    You get more options with the governor. Having the ability to shoot 45 LC, 45 ACP and 410 is a great deal. I have a curcuit judge that I have had great luck with and I have also hunted with it, which is nice. If you are looking for a pistol though, go with the Smith. They will do it right and it will likely hold its value a little better than the Taurus. Good luck with your new purchase and let us know how you like it.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    The Gun Nuts show that aired yesterday (14 December) had a bit on the Governor. A .410 shell with 00 buck put four holes in serious locations on a life-size target 20 feet away.

Has anyone used the SW Governor yet?

thescrambler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I want to know if the Governor will shoot 460 S&W & 454 Casull rounds as well. The rounds are chambered in the same size as the 410, 45 ACP & 45 LC and with a 3" cylinder there is more than enough length. If they were an option this gun would have to move to my #1 favorite firearm.

JT

Top Bottom