• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Please tell me that we, law abiding citizens, are not “illegally/unknowingly“ using our prison systems as organ donation collection centers. Have seen this story two times in two days. Appears there are more than one lawsuits concerning this matter.

If there is a single grain of truth to these stories, we are truly headed into a dystopian world. And it would seem with our advanced medical ability we (The U.S.A) is at the forefront. I pray I’m mistaken.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What story? You seem to have forgotten to include the link.
    Sorry, the news comes up on my I-pad, it’s from multiple different news sources, I was shocked when I read it, forgot to link.

OK, the original story I read is no longer there, but a cursory search gave these stories. I read them all. I’m conflicted

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Please tell me that we, law abiding citizens, are not “illegally/unknowingly“ using our prison systems as organ donation collection centers. Have seen this story two times in two days. Appears there are more than one lawsuits concerning this matter.

If there is a single grain of truth to these stories, we are truly headed into a dystopian world. And it would seem with our advanced medical ability we (The U.S.A) is at the forefront. I pray I’m mistaken.
    This reads like they were kept for research. Not saying right or wrong, but I think there is a difference between keeping organs for further research after an autopsy of someone who died of natural causes, and harvesting for transplant into humans.

In grad school I studied the organ donation system in the US, and it is very dysfunctional, but part of that dysfunction is probably what keeps that from happening with mainstream transplant programs. Prisoner organs are probably not good candidates for transplant due to the lifestyle and health history of a prisoner.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This reads like they were kept for research. Not saying right or wrong, but I think there is a difference between keeping organs for further research after an autopsy of someone who died of natural causes, and harvesting for transplant into humans.

In grad school I studied the organ donation system in the US, and it is very dysfunctional, but part of that dysfunction is probably what keeps that from happening with mainstream transplant programs. Prisoner organs are probably not good candidates for transplant due to the lifestyle and health history of a prisoner.
    Agreed, as stated I hoped I was mistaken on my initial read. And in the light of day it seems the title of the story may have been a click bait type of headline. After all it did just come up on my I-pad and I maybe should have been more aware. It was shocking to say the least.

Top Bottom