• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have read many of these stories where people end up some place they shouldn't. Haven't seen a single one that should qualify as GPS fail.... Maybe when we go to fully autonomous cars and people aren't allowed to actually drive them any more, you might have a widget fail.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Too many of these people turn on the GPS and take the opportunity to turn off the brain. Just do what they're told. I wonder who this guy voted for.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I have read many of these stories where people end up some place they shouldn't. Haven't seen a single one that should qualify as GPS fail.... Maybe when we go to fully autonomous cars and people aren't allowed to actually drive them any more, you might have a widget fail.

My BiL who travels anywhere between the east coast and the Mississippi uses his GPS sparingly due to many misdirection's or being routed far longer than is necessary. They have their place and use but I wouldn't depend on them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw this story yesterday and thought to myself, "Did he just put on a blindfold and listen to what the voice in the GPS told him to do?" I mean seriously, if you can't tell a foot bridge from a highway, you might want to consider that truck driving isn't for you... :):

Top Bottom