Grab you BOB, and head to your BOL. The zombies are here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ohh. What do you mean by simplest solution? Solution to what it is, or solution to which is easier to kill?

What it is. Which is easier to kill is an another discussion all together. A crack head will die from a chest shot, but may take a while, a zombie only a head shot will work.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I wonder why the officer didn't just kick the maniac off, especially after shooting him once and weakening him. A baton would have been more appropriate use of force, unless the maniac was foaming at the mouth with obvious signs of rabies, and needed to be put down. Still, I'm glad this maniac is off the streets for good, unless he wasn't a maniac, and just had some bad PCP...

I don't believe in zombies, of course, but I do believe in the possibility of a mutated rabies virus that turns humans into maniacs who would bight someones face off like this. If the victim starts biting, then the apocalypse is near!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'm not so sure that less-lethal force would have been the right option. I cannot say that I absolutely would have done the same thing, but, If I were presented with the same situation, with the facts/details given, I would have used deadly force as well. The attacker was actively attacking the head, face and neck area of the victim. The Use of force continuum meets force with force due to the threat of severe bodily injury and the attacker's use of deadly force and in this case appears to be more than justified.

Strangely enough, in this situation, the firearm was the more precise tool for the job. A baton needs room to move "through" the target, lest the attacker and victim get a King-style beatdown. Most likely, the baton would have resulted in injuries to both, with minimal impact on an obviously mentally-unstable and most likely intoxicated felon. A kick is also prohibited unless the strike makes contact with a pressure point, the same target as a baton. Lastly, the use of a TASER (if an option by the department) might have a 50/50 chance. TASERs have varying success rates against intoxicated subjects on psychotropic stimulants like PCP, mescaline, MDMA , ketamine and LSD.

Long story short, the man was actively killing another human being. There's no reason to use less force than he is actively using on his victim.

valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    if some zombie starts chewing on my body parts, I don't think I'd have the intellectual patience to consider all options carefully. I'd likely devolve to my natural instinct to remove the threat immediately with CCW.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I wonder why the officer didn't just kick the maniac off, especially after shooting him once and weakening him. A baton would have been more appropriate use of force, unless the maniac was foaming at the mouth with obvious signs of rabies, and needed to be put down.......

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the armchair quarterbacking doesn't do the incident justice.

Blood is still a potential biohazard, and tends to splatter into the mucous membranes with the kicking of the foot or swinging of the baton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Zombie is just the key word for a total whack-job looting maniac POS. I see them a lot in the city. They usually come out after the sun sets and move around casually. They are usually a lot faster than the movie version and a bit harder to hit on the move....;)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Zombie is just the key word for a total whack-job looting maniac POS. I see them a lot in the city. They usually come out after the sun sets and move around casually. They are usually a lot faster than the movie version and a bit harder to hit on the move....;)

In my neighborhood, we call them criminals.

They are a protected species, as they have more rights than the law abiding people that live here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my neighborhood, we call them criminals.

They are a protected species, as they have more rights than the law abiding people that live here.

That is one of the reasons we are becoming a self policing area. LEO is called to clean up the debris, usually after the fact. No Trevon Martin comments please. I am so past that crap.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Some more information:

Military training in Florida:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/08/2789687/military-training-in-the-middle.html

Grab Your Boomstick: The Zombie Apocalypse May Actually Be Upon Us

_z0mbie ap0c0lypse - Pastebin.com

kwyUc.jpg

Also, here are some pictures of the man who's face has been bitten off.

NSFW - DO NOT LOOK IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH.

https://imgur.com/gXHQ3

Last edited:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    did you look at the picture link that misconfig posted 2 posts ago?

I can't tell that I'm looking at a face, it just looks like a bloody nub of something...

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    did you look at the picture link that misconfig posted 2 posts ago?

I can't tell that I'm looking at a face, it just looks like a bloody nub of something...

On the left side you can see the guys right eye - the other one was gouged out. It has been said the attacker had swallowed the victims flesh, WITH EVERY INTENTION ON DIGESTING IT!

Top Bottom