• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I just got back from their warehouse. I got a mixed case of meats. 3 Beef, Chicken, Turkey and Pork. If you buy a single can it is 6.00 ea for the 27 oz one. If you buy the case that has 12 cans in it. The price drops to 5.75 a can for a total of 69.00 a case. You have to bring cash, because it really is not a store per say. They also sell 13 oz cans a case is forty dollars. They also sell ground beef only in the 13 oz can though.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am pricing out canned meat. I think this is going to be better than Werling for a lot of folks considering gas because Grabill is about a half hour from Ft. Wayne.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yeah, I even went as far as to see how much money I will be spending on gas to get there to make sure it was worth the trip. I asked them about canned bacon and he said for them it was too expensive to do. They would have to charge around 12.00 a can.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yeah, I even went as far as to see how much money I will be spending on gas to get there to make sure it was worth the trip. I asked them about canned bacon and he said for them it was too expensive to do. They would have to charge around 12.00 a can.

That's sad that they can't do canned bacon. Maybe I will still hit up both (semi-)local businesses.

What is the shelf life on these?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A follow up to this post...I was in the Huntington Walmart on Saturday night and found Grabill canned meat on the shelf. The prices were:

Chicken: $3.68 for a 13 oz. can (I ate it tonight and it was yummy)

Beef: $6.18 for a 27 oz. can

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The man who owns Grabill meats goes to our church. He says the "official" shelf life is 10 years, but unofficially the meat is good as long as the cans are intact. That could be a very long time. We have a few cases and will be getting more.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A follow up to this post...I was in the Huntington Walmart on Saturday night and found Grabill canned meat on the shelf. The prices were:

Very competitive pricing. I went to the company store last week and they were $3.75/$6.00.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah

was curious what section at walmart did you find this?

thanks

jake

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    Simple meal: 1 can beef, drain liquid, nuke to desired temp. Pour on some ranch dressing, eat.

they are very careful with their process. (One of the salesman/family is on the FD with me) They do make a good product.

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    wife and I tried about six differant meats from Grabill (beef pork chicken) ground and chunks all was very good, ordered cases and will order more. Well really three meats just processed diferantly

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    was curious what section at walmart did you find this?

thanks

jake

Dang, I don't remember. I think it was with the other canned meats...towards the front in the grocery area. I'm not from Huntington, we were visiting family, so I am not familiar with the store layout. Sorry!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Dang, I don't remember. I think it was with the other canned meats...towards the front in the grocery area. I'm not from Huntington, we were visiting family, so I am not familiar with the store layout. Sorry!

thats fine i understand! i'm gonna have to see if the walmarts around here carry this stuff!

jake

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    thats fine i understand! i'm gonna have to see if the walmarts around here carry this stuff!

jake

I tried the Noblesville Walmart and they didn't have any, fwiw.

Maybe it's just a local deal with the Huntington one, since they are close?

Good luck!

p.s. I cooked up the can of beef with some onions and a dried cayenne pepper, it was super.

Top Bottom