Grandpa Voted a Democrat! But in the next Election......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    The first one is a bit to close to home... seems a bit believable tho......and it's got Zombies! The second one has some GREAT advice regarding the next election in 2012!

Ok, these are INGO EPICS!!! Especially the 2nd one...it's sadly funny, but it FITS!!!! So what say you INGO? Let's THROW THE BUMS OUT!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUnqyrj_BQE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59ZcFguUOo[/ame]

Now how's that for great advice! Get out and VOTE in 2012, let's THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!!!!
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We can only throw the bums out if we can get the right candidates in. If we can't then we're gonna vote for gridlock.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Thread moved to appropriate subforum.

:) Thank you, I don't usually venture outside of the break room, politics are definitely NOT my strong point. :):

Do me a favor tho....can you drop me a note next time if that's ok? I went nuts looking for it before Bill showed me how to check and find out. Some days I'm blonder than other.....:)

Hugs my friend!
    7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    We can only throw the bums out if we can get the right candidates in. If we can't then we're gonna vote for gridlock.

I know....and it's SO sad! I remember way back to when I was a little kid of about 7 or so, during one of the Presidential elections while my dad was still alive. He felt very strongly that we should always vote for the best man for the job. Now days we have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I still remember walking up and down the street with him, holding a cardboard sign attached to a fence piece, that said "McCarthy is a Carpetbagger!" I had absolutely no clue what it meant, but if my dad said it, then it must be right!

I adored my dad, he was my hero, right up there with John Wayne! He passed away when I'd just turned 15, and he had just hit the tender age of 81. Yup, that's right....eighty one years young, and what a life he lead! He was born in 1889, saw the turn of the Century, like we did crossing from 1999 to 2000. Altho ours was a Millennium, but we didn't see the invention of the bicycle, then the car, working the rail roads back when they actually had "hobo's", the first planes, building the Hoover Dam, even the invention of the first computers. It would have been mind boggling!

His parents were around during the Civil War, and they lived in "upstate NY". I'm not sure (and unfortunately I have no way to check) but I believe that my Grandfather owned slaves of his own. But from what I remember they weren't really slaves. My Grandfather bought them, then gave them their Freedom, and the choice to stay and work his farm, for a living wage and a nice place to live in, or to travel around for the first time as a free man. My dad always referred to them as "my friends".

They held WoodStock on my Grandparents several thousand acre farm, and altho they were long dead by then, my cousins owned it and they even attended. My dad was to young to fight in WW1, and to old for WW2, or any of the ones after that. But he was a proud man, and did what he could to help his fellow man in any way he could.

I remember he was the person that everyone in the neighborhood would call on if something was broken and needed fixing. He was a "Jack of All Trades" and mastered every one he took on. He was 66 years young when I was born, my mom was 45, I was her first, and the last of his 4. I never really knew my sib's, with the exception of my middle sister, who was 37 when I was born. She took over after my mom passed in 86, and was the one instrumental in our escape from CA. I have a picture of my grandparents, and it really is hilarious! They look just like "Ma & Pa Kettle, down on the farm". If you ever want to see what a curious background I come from, Google the name "Schoonmaker", any you pull up are relatives of mine. Some have Americanized the name to Shoemaker, (like Willy Shoemaker, the jockey) but at this point, the tree is so huge it's actually a "Family Organization" of it's own.

Sorry, I got rambling down memory lane here. You guys would have loved my dad, he was smart, a staunch supporter of what was right, didn't take S*** from anyone, and spoke his feelings whether the person liked it or not, but respected their feelings even if they disagreed with him. His "word" was Golden, and he was a friend to all he met. They don't make many men like that anymore, which is sad, because if they did, maybe we actually COULD vote for the "Best Man for the Job". An honest, truthful, staunch believer of the "Cause of the Right", thought the Government should back the heck out of our lives and let us live like the Free people we were intended to be. And God help you if you ever made him angry! Which didn't happen often, but when it did, if people had known that in the early 1900's he was the "Light Heavyweight Champ" in the world of boxing. He fought under the name of "Kid Gordon", and always fought fair. He believed in being fair, not only in the ring, but in all ways of life. He was a body builder, and even a sparing partner of Muhammed Ali, back when he was still "Cassius Clay". He even built Jack LaLane from a scrawny kid into the powerhouse he became in the days that followed. And he knew the Bible forwards, backwards, left to right, and from a birds eye view as well. BUT he never preached at anyone, and respected and honored others beliefs, as he expected them to honor his.

Oh well, I'll stop rambling now....but thanks....for some reason this forum brought back some really great memories of a man I loved with all my heart. I now have one of my own, I grew up and married a man who's just like my dad was, you know him as Bill of Rights. I'm a very lucky and blessed woman!

Thanks for reviving the memories,
    7th Stepper

kmshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Boone Co.
    7th Stepper,

That was an inspirational story. I agree, it seems society doesn't make men like that very often in these times.

As a side note, is your handle "7th Stepper" related to the Dave Ramsey philosopy?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    7th Stepper,

That was an inspirational story. I agree, it seems society doesn't make men like that very often in these times.

As a side note, is your handle "7th Stepper" related to the Dave Ramsey philosopy?

I'm guessing she's asleep at the moment, so I'll answer for her; No, it's a reference to the Appleseed Project, in which I'm an instructor. It's an American history and heritage program that happens to have a great rifle marksmanship clinic as part of it. We're nationwide and growing all the time, and in addition, we're also an INGO Advertising Supporter. If you want to know more, check out our forum here on INGO (Appleseed - INGunOwners) or our own website (Project Appleseed Home) for more info.

Blessings,
    Bill

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    7th Stepper,

Da who? Da what? :):
    No, my handle is part of my volunteer work (which is very fun!) with Project Appleseed USA. We teach American History, starting with the Revolutionary War of 1775. And as a side note, we all bring our rifles and have a lot of fun learning to become "Riflemen", which is a LOT harder than it looks! But it's still GREAT fun! We get people from all walks of life, Doctors, Teachers, Blue and White Collar workers,several LEO's, retired and active military, and everyone in between. We even had a Cub Scout Troop come out to one last summer and they taught the kids to shoot everything from a 1022 to an M1Garand.

I'm what's called a 7th Stepper because the first 6 steps are learning our Heritage and how we achieved our freedom from England so many years go, (even *I* didn't know half of it, it was fascinating!) and the 7th step is to get the word out so more people can come and enjoy a fun day of learning, shooting and a lunch break in the middle. I can't shoot, my Dr. won't allow it. I've had back surgery, a hip replacement, and a variety of other calamities befall me, and she's forbidden me to even try to "assume the positions" they use to teach shooting from every angle. I asked her if I could do it, and when I said the word "STRETCH" I thought she was going to faint! She's the sweetest woman in the world, and I do my best to follow her advice. :): In fact, we call it "The Gospel according to Kathrine". :rockwoot:

In all honesty, I don't have the strength to hold a rifle of any kind, so my little girl is called "Betsy", and she's a Walther PK.380. MUCH easier for me to handle! I know you've seen Bill of Rights on here, (he meanders a bit...:D) he's a full Instructor with the Program and has been a Line Boss as well. HE can hold the rifles, I'm a washout and would most likely shoot myself in the foot. :): Anyway, not trying to hijack the thread, you can find them at Project Appleseed Home and check it out for yourself, as well as for your wife (if she shoots) and definitely your kids, they'll love it! It's a fun thing for your kids to learn to shoot, as well as how to safely handle a firearm, and it's very safe. As far as I know, they've never had an accident, (at least in Indiana) that well organized! They usually have a Medic at every shoot, just in case. (My mom always told me that "it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it". We've never had an accident, and we get shooters as young as 6 years old, who can sometimes out shoot the adults! I saw videos of the last one, and a little boy was absolutely AWESOME! He didn't quite make "Rifleman" that day, but I have no doubt that if/when his dad brings him to the next shoot, he WILL make "Rifleman"! I go when I can, when my health will allow it, passing out name tags, having people sign the release form, giving out targets, and stuff like that, and I also (as I just did with you.....;)) get the word out about the Project.

So far even a couple of my Dr.s have come out to shoot, and the one who won't let me "stretch", has gotten her lifetime LTCH and now practices at the same range we do Applied Ballistics! She's started CCing, and knows that we both do, even when we go in for my monthly visit. Her receptionist always schedules us as her last patient, cuz half the time we just sit and talk guns, guns and more guns. :D

The other Doc's are at the one Hospital I was at back in June. I ended up tripping over my therapy dog (the one in my avatar) and on the way to the floor, knocked myself out by slamming my head against our steel front door. I was still on the floor when Bill got home from work, and scared the poor man poopless! He took me to the ER, and they admitted me for "observation". Little did they know they had just admitted the biggest babblepuss on the planet, at least when it comes to shooting, INGO, and Appleseed. By the time I was released 4 days later, I had most of the nurses, CNA's, Dr.'s, Lab Techs, X-Ray techs, and so on, all wanting to join both here on INGO, and Appleseed as well. Even with how I ended up there in the first place....it really was a fun 4 days!

Anyway, as you can see, I really am a babblepuss, but that's just part of who I am.! :)

Thank you again, and my you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, or whatever you do happen to celebrate. I wish you and your family well, and all the Blessings of the Season as well as those next year has in store for you!

7th Stepper

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm guessing she's asleep at the moment, so I'll answer for her; No, it's a reference to the Appleseed Project, in which I'm an instructor. It's an American history and heritage program that happens to have a great rifle marksmanship clinic as part of it. We're nationwide and growing all the time, and in addition, we're also an INGO Advertising Supporter. If you want to know more, check out our forum here on INGO (Appleseed - INGunOwners) or our own website (Project Appleseed Home) for more info.

Blessings,
    Bill

PPPPLLFFFFTTTTT! No I wasn't, I was proof reading! You just keep sneaking up behind me and scaring the pants off of me! STOP THAT! :D Careful or I'll sic my trusty therapy wimp dog after you! :): :rockwoot:<giggle> And Paul Revere and the Raiders signaled "One if my land.....two it by air! :cool: Now stop laughing at me! Or I'll make you eat yogurt for a week!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    PPPPLLFFFFTTTTT! No I wasn't, I was proof reading! You just keep sneaking up behind me and scaring the pants off of me! STOP THAT! :D Careful or I'll sic my trusty therapy wimp dog after you! :): :rockwoot:<giggle> And Paul Revere and the Raiders signaled "One if my land.....two it by air! :cool:

Proof-reading? Two days ago? :lmfao:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    7th Stepper,

There are all kinds of men available at all times. And I'd love it if someone would tell me a time in our history when there was a "best man" for the job, rather than a lesser of two evils.

Good men stand out in any times. Bad men exist in all times. Two party politics is two party politics.

The politics in existence at the time of his grandfather's birth and life are some of the nastiest this country has ever seen. The corruption and nastiness of politics in that latter 19th century and early 20th make our politicians seem like shining beacons of truth and purity.

The day our political system is no longer about the lesser of two evils is the day we all agree on everything. When that day comes, we won't even need a political system.

Name any "good man" who has ever won a major party's nomination, and I'll provide you with a mountain of negatives about him.

When will you guys realize (and this isn't necessarily aimed at the poster I quoted) that it's really our system you hate so much. When a system fails as much as you guys think it does, you shouldn't revere it, you should despise it.

I just don't think a better one is all that easy to come up with. You guys say, "if we'd just follow the Constitution," but by your standards that has NEVER happened. So if that's your standard, this system is as bad as all the others.

Show me a working one that you like.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

You just wait till you get home young man! You're not to big to turn over my knee.......(providing I could catch you, or have the strength to do that) or I'll think up something worse.....I'll disguise them and feed you pickled beets and mushrooms! (gaaaaa, that even sound nasty to me! never mind....:D) Oh well.....I'll think up something I can do....(pondering..... pondering.....pondering.....) Hmmmm nothing comes to mind...but I'll think up something by tomorrow....BBBRRUUUHHHAAA! I may just give you a case of the "vapors"....Ah-Ha! I enlist the mind of MiniMe, she's always good for a prank or three> :D :rolleyes: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Besides you take that long to read and proof YOUR posts mister! And for heavens sake.....I've been spending the last few days paying attention to my sweet, adorable, hubby! So there! PPPFFFFTTT!

Last edited:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.

It takes a long, long time to do quality work.... :evilangel:

Ray Stevens has long been a favorite, for a lot of reasons. Also, thank you for sharing your story 7th Stepper, it made me think of my own dad and the many fond memories I have of him as well.:patriot:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    There are all kinds of men available at all times. And I'd love it if someone would tell me a time in our history when there was a "best man" for the job, rather than a lesser of two evils.

Good men stand out in any times. Bad men exist in all times. Two party politics is two party politics.

The politics in existence at the time of his grandfather's birth and life are some of the nastiest this country has ever seen. The corruption and nastiness of politics in that latter 19th century and early 20th make our politicians seem like shining beacons of truth and purity.

The day our political system is no longer about the lesser of two evils is the day we all agree on everything. When that day comes, we won't even need a political system.

Name any "good man" who has ever won a major party's nomination, and I'll provide you with a mountain of negatives about him.

When will you guys realize (and this isn't necessarily aimed at the poster I quoted) that it's really our system you hate so much. When a system fails as much as you guys think it does, you shouldn't revere it, you should despise it.

I just don't think a better one is all that easy to come up with. You guys say, "if we'd just follow the Constitution," but by your standards that has NEVER happened. So if that's your standard, this system is as bad as all the others.

That's an easy one, Senator Jim Tomes, President Ronald Regan, John Wayne, Gary Cooper, General Powell, and others I've voted for (not including JW or JS, as far as I know, they didn't run for office. That would have been a "no brainer"). It's my feelings they would have made great politicians. But they chose not to run, for their own private reasons, sad to say. But save your breath (or fingers) because another thing my dad taught me was that "Politics and Religion make for Strange Bedfellows". Basically, opinions are like flatulence, everyone has it, some are just louder than others. I won't discuss politics with you, or anyone else (well, with the exception of one). I have my opinions and as long as I stay true to myself, I don't have an issue with it. You may point out all the flaws you care to, but as our daughter has been known to say....."talk to the hand, cuz the ears ain't listenin".

I stated in my opening post that I don't know much about politics, and what little I do know has been taught to me by a brilliant man, who's very active, and contributes not only to INGO, but to the world as well. I hope if you ever meet or need one, you'll get the same type of man he is. He won't stoop to mudslinging, name calling, or try to force his opinion on anyone else. He believes in the same thing I do, which is "live and let live", and if you so vehemently want to hate everyone, then that's your issue not mine, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not saying that I'm apologizing for what I've said, or what I posted, I'm simply saying that I'm so sorry you have such a hateful vision of the world. It must be very depressing being around you. What horrible event happened in your life to make you so bitter? We refer to that as a "stresser" to turn someone so narcissistic.

People who want nothing more than to argue, provoke others into arguments, or show them disrespect, bore me. I don't have time in my life for such petty issues, but it seems to me that you thrive on them. Sorry, I'm not hungry, I won't take your bait. Go cast your hook elsewhere and find someone who will be sucked into an argument, cuz I didn't get this old by being stupid.

By the way......I am the original poster, and you may call me "Ma'am". I'm definitely NOT a male. And that you can't debate or argue with, I've given birth, have you? This post started out in the break room, where people are friendly and most can "agree to disagree" quite often. It can get heated in there at times, but then again "you can please some of the time......etc." There's only one other member that I've met on Ingo who was so adamant about what he was talking about, and his opinion of that subject, that even tho some professional trainers did their best to enlighten him, they ran into a brick wall of ugly hatred. Not just one animal in particular, but all in general. It's very sad, people like you and he miss so much in life.......it's really such a shame, do you have any bright spots in your life? Because it really doesn't show that you do in the way you post. I pity you, but I forgive you.

Be at peace.
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    It takes a long, long time to do quality work.... :evilangel:

Ray Stevens has long been a favorite, for a lot of reasons. Also, thank you for sharing your story 7th Stepper, it made me think of my own dad and the many fond memories I have of him as well.:patriot:

You're quite welcome Kedric, Dads are great, aren't they? They teach us so many things, and I'm glad yours was like mine. You must have had a great, fun filled childhood and adolescence.

And you're quite right....quality work does take some time. But I'd rather do quality, than spit hatred, yknow? Thank you dear one, and Happy Holidays! :)

7th Stepper

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

That's an easy one, Senator Jim Tomes, President Ronald Regan, John Wayne, Gary Cooper, General Powell, and others I've voted for (not including JW or JS, as far as I know, they didn't run for office. That would have been a "no brainer"). It's my feelings they would have made great politicians. But they chose not to run, for their own private reasons, sad to say. But save your breath (or fingers) because another thing my dad taught me was that "Politics and Religion make for Strange Bedfellows". Basically, opinions are like flatulence, everyone has it, some are just louder than others. I won't discuss politics with you, or anyone else (well, with the exception of one). I have my opinions and as long as I stay true to myself, I don't have an issue with it. You may point out all the flaws you care to, but as our daughter has been known to say....."talk to the hand, cuz the ears ain't listenin".

I stated in my opening post that I don't know much about politics, and what little I do know has been taught to me by a brilliant man, who's very active, and contributes not only to INGO, but to the world as well. I hope if you ever meet or need one, you'll get the same type of man he is. He won't stoop to mudslinging, name calling, or try to force his opinion on anyone else. He believes in the same thing I do, which is "live and let live", and if you so vehemently want to hate everyone, then that's your issue not mine, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not saying that I'm apologizing for what I've said, or what I posted, I'm simply saying that I'm so sorry you have such a hateful vision of the world. It must be very depressing being around you. What horrible event happened in your life to make you so bitter? We refer to that as a "stresser" to turn someone so narcissistic.

People who want nothing more than to argue, provoke others into arguments, or show them disrespect, bore me. I don't have time in my life for such petty issues, but it seems to me that you thrive on them. Sorry, I'm not hungry, I won't take your bait. Go cast your hook elsewhere and find someone who will be sucked into an argument, cuz I didn't get this old by being stupid.

By the way......I am the original poster, and you may call me "Ma'am". I'm definitely NOT a male. And that you can't debate or argue with, I've given birth, have you? This post started out in the break room, where people are friendly and most can "agree to disagree" quite often. It can get heated in there at times, but then again "you can please some of the time......etc." There's only one other member that I've met on Ingo who was so adamant about what he was talking about, and his opinion of that subject, that even tho some professional trainers did their best to enlighten him, they ran into a brick wall of ugly hatred. Not just one animal in particular, but all in general. It's very sad, people like you and he miss so much in life.......it's really such a shame, do you have any bright spots in your life? Because it really doesn't show that you do in the way you post. I pity you, but I forgive you.

Be at peace.
    7th Stepper

I was answering another poster, and I read my post again after your comments, because I thought perhaps I was unintentionally disrespectful. I don't see it. I didn't make personal comments, I addressed substance.

Ma'am, I'll just let the folks here read both posts and decide who showed disrespect to whom.

P.S. Congratulations on your ability to give birth. I have some ability in that area as well. I'm able to spread my man-seed and impregnate the female of my species. I'm very, very proud of that ability.
    P.S.S. It hurts that you call me narcissistic. I haven't admired myself in a mirror in like at least twenty minutes. Fifteen, twenty minutes at least.
    P.S.S.S Thank you for your forgiveness. It means so very much coming from such a classy, intelligent, and gracious person.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Be at peace.
    7th Stepper

Friend, I think you owe dross an apology. You have grossly miscalculated in your evaluation of him in just about every way possible.

Top Bottom