• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Anybody up North have any experience with these guys? I'm not too far away and might stop by there to look around. Also was coming back from Angola traveling on 20, and in either lagrange or elkhart there was a gunshop trading post and I can't remember the name. Anybody know? Heading west it was on the right side.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Steve is a great guy. He has a lot of knowledge and can be very helpful. He can sometimes come across as a little grumpy but he is a nice guy. He has lower prices than Midwest in general and has a decent selection. He is willing to deal on prices some as well.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Nice place, all my dealings have been good. His prices are as good as anyones. Nice selection of reloading items also.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just picked up a Colt 1911 there. Steve dealt a bit on the price and all was a positive experience. I also pick up my reloading goodies there. Worth going IMO.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    He is very reserved. He has never been rude to me, but he has also never made me feel happy to be there. I only go for powder or primer. His prices on reading stuff aren't horrible, but they aren't great. His firearm prices are a touch lower than Midwest, but his selection is no where near. He does have less tacticool, and more hunting rifles.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Careful! He has dogs in his shop. Only pet them when they(the dogs) ask you to. Count your fingers and wipe drool when leaving.

Oh Ya - There a bunch of Guns there too. :yesway:

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    Got the impression when I have been there(Granger Guns ) twice, that I was bothering him. Even after I bought a gun off him and did a transfer with him. Not impressed with his people skills. Very small store. It would be worth the extra 15 min drive west to Midwest gun exchange. IMO.
    Goshen has a gun shop (ZX Guns). Downtown near Washington and 3rd st, I think?. Nicer people, a little bigger than Granger Guns. Elkhart doesn't have a gun shop. I dont think Lagrange has one either?.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I bought a couple guns from Steve. The prices where much more reasonable than Midwest. I would suggest calling ahead if you have something specific in mind.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Steve and his wife are very good people, they have fair prices and three beautiful labs in the shop with them most of the time. Worth a trip to visit them if you can make it.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Elkhart doesn't have a gun shop.

Midwest actually has a shop in Elkhart too, its where their range is.

Steve is a nice guy, doesn't seem like it if you aren't used to him, but in high school he helped me with multiple research papers I did on guns and shooting and was a source I used for my Senior Exit Paper.

I stop in from time to time and see what he has and say hi.

Top Bottom