• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Threw together a table for the grill and UDS this evening. Now I can stop having the wife hold all the plates/sauces/condiments when I grill/smoke.

409788390.jpg

409788391.jpg

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok...it haven't posted anything yet here so I might as well.
    This is what went on the grill the 4th:

two meat loafs. One wrapped in bacon, one without. Bacon cheddar brats in a beer and butter hot tub

Here is what the brats looked like after grilling for color and finishing them off in the 'hot tub' looked like.

looking good. Almost ready. (The foil was to contain the grease and make it easier to move and remove from the grill)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    it tasted as good as it looked...

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    The next day was pulled pork day:

about 15-20 pounds worth to start with of rubbed and injected pork shoulders.

almost done. Looking nice and moist thanks to the mop sauce...

done and ready to pull/shred for sandwiches.

while the shoulders were smoking low and slow I threw some cowboy cut pork chops on the grill after marinating them in a 'Greek' style marinade overnight.

serve them with loaded mashed potatoes and you've got a meal.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Made some sweet corn on my traeger the other day. Shucked it and brushed on a mixture of olive oil, butter, season salt, garlic, and Cajun seasoning. Foiled individually, smoked at 225 for 10 min and then at 425 for 30 minutes.

Best.corn.evah

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    smoked a pork tenderloin! Added a rub of my own creation, rolled two lbs of sausage out like dough, wrapped the sausage around the tenderloin and basket weaved it with bacon! Smoked at 225 for 4 hrs with hickory and apple, pulled at 160 degrees, wrapped in foil and served after 30 minutes. I definitely had to loosen up my belt a notch after supper that night.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    smoked a pork tenderloin! Added a rub of my own creation, rolled two lbs of sausage out like dough, wrapped the sausage around the tenderloin and basket weaved it with bacon! Smoked at 225 for 4 hrs with hickory and apple, pulled at 160 degrees, wrapped in foil and served after 30 minutes. I definitely had to loosen up my belt a notch after supper that night.
    :postpics:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Did some barbecued wings the other night. I only cooked the flat portion on the grill because they cook more evenly. I saved the drum portions to fry or cook in the oven.

wings.jpg

Served them with garlic potatoes and pickled bean and corn salad.

4.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    i never have issues with drums cooking differently than the flapper.

Maybe I'm just OCD then, because I like to cook all the same kind together. (They come from a 10-lb bag of frozen drums and flappers from Costco.) Sometimes I cook just drums, and sometimes just flappers.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe I'm just OCD then, because I like to cook all the same kind together. (They come from a 10-lb bag of frozen drums and flappers from Costco.) Sometimes I cook just drums, and sometimes just flappers.
    Do you thaw them first? This is a small batch for me but I buy fresh and just separate them if I have the time.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Do you thaw them first? This is a small batch for me but I buy fresh and just separate them if I have the time.

I do thaw them before cooking. I like fresh, but the frozen ones are so much more convenient. When I cook whole fresh wings, I cut off the tips for the dogs before I cook them.

Top Bottom