• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I am not sure but I don't think the Wrangler cargo pants I wear would be considered tactical. I wear them for several reasons, one cost less than $20.00 they are all cotton, comfortable, my surefire fits in left front pocket, wallet in strong side front pocket. Also the belt loops are spaced out so that my owb holster sits exactly where I want it.

Same here. I love my Wrangler Cargo Jeans.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I dress around my gun. But also at the end of the day most people will think its just your cellphone too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't put much time into looking for people carrying. Just go under the assumption everyone is.

Judge character and intent by dress and, more importantly, behavior.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Can't say I worry much about this, I carry my Kimber Solo in a Galco ITB holster at about 9:00 O'clock., normally wear a long tee shirt or a button shirt covering it (most of the time). Occasionally my shirt will expose the holster and/or gun. If it happens so be it. My son often opens carries. Neither of us has had anyone comment or any other issues. I am a little handicapped (had both hips replaced and have arthritis in my spine) so use a motorized cart in the large stores. I know my firearm becomes visible occasionally when riding the cart. Again I don't worry about it, nor have had any issues. Guess I don't fit the "Grey Man" profile.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It must just be me.
    I'm 6 foot, and all of 140lbs, but I can carry a full size 1911 or my PT99 under nothing more than a t-shirt and it seems 99% of the population are oblivious.

Small things like my little 2" snubby 605 just completely disappear.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wear some type of jeans / Dungarees 90% of the time. Those little side pockets on the legs are perfect for holding a flashlight...

Cooler weather wear means I've got on a sweatshirt of some kind most of the time.

Dressing and looking like I do - I'm just another suburban dad not worth paying attention to. Which is exactly the look that I go for.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If I recall correctly part of the grey man theory is about blending into your surroundings, and this encompasses both clothing and behavior. If you are wearing 5.11 gear, cargo pants, mil surp boots, and a gun manufacturer t-shirt then expect to be made.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    The only person worried about how you look/carry is you. Nobody else cares.

This is kind of a hard lesson to learn. I still don't accept it all the time and sometimes feel like everyone is watching me because they know I'm the man with the gun. Then I look around and see they're just going on about their business.

We all judge (assess?) people based on how they look, what they're wearing, where they are. The trick for us who carry and want to remain unknown is to simply do what everyone else is doing. Assimilate. Bah! Baaaaaah!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The only person worried about how you look/carry is you. Nobody else cares.

This is kind of a hard lesson to learn. I still don't accept it all the time and sometimes feel like everyone is watching me because they know I'm the man with the gun. Then I look around and see they're just going on about their business.

We all judge (assess?) people based on how they look, what they're wearing, where they are. The trick for us who carry and want to remain unknown is to simply do what everyone else is doing. Assimilate. Bah! Baaaaaah!

I bet is more on your style of haircut along with that shiny brass breastplate with a bullet hole you wear is what they are looking at.
    That in itself would stick out at a Rocky Horror weekend at the theatre. ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I look like a giant toddler, so the suspicions about what I might or might not be carrying probably don't get processed by most people who see me. All of my clothes are oversized because I like the way baggy feels, and it's worse because I've lost a bunch of weight and I'm stubborn about getting smaller clothes. My cargo pockets bulge because I carry my stuff in them, but toddlers like to carry their stuff.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I wear some type of jeans / Dungarees 90% of the time. Those little side pockets on the legs are perfect for holding a flashlight...

Cooler weather wear means I've got on a sweatshirt of some kind most of the time.

Dressing and looking like I do - I'm just another suburban dad not worth paying attention to. Which is exactly the look that I go for.

You pull it off well! :D

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I look like a giant toddler, so the suspicions about what I might or might not be carrying probably don't get processed by most people who see me. All of my clothes are oversized because I like the way baggy feels, and it's worse because I've lost a bunch of weight and I'm stubborn about getting smaller clothes. My cargo pockets bulge because I carry my stuff in them, but toddlers like to carry their stuff.

Sincere kudos on weight loss, friend!

You pull it off well! :D

Thanks. I think.

Top Bottom