th_photo201.jpg

Bought this one on BF

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yep this will not be my last blade from them, I am sure the quality is here and the price is amazing for what these blades are. I have no personal experience but every account says they compare to a Strider as a hard use blade.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Got it in hand and for a 3" knife it is built like a tank! Beautiful easy to open, and a rock solid lock up. The only slight complaint is it is not quite as sharp as I am use to but that can be overcome. Overall a great knife and at a price that is really competitive.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Got it in hand and for a 3" knife it is built like a tank! Beautiful easy to open, and a rock solid lock up. The only slight complaint is it is not quite as sharp as I am use to but that can be overcome. Overall a great knife and at a price that is really competitive.

This normal and by design for most Grayman knives. The Grayman edge is what they (Grayman) call a "toothy" edge which is not a thinned down, super razor sharp edge. It is an edge that is designed for hard use and is less likely to roll or chip under hard use, plus it is easier to sharpen in the field.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

This normal and by design for most Grayman knives. The Grayman edge is what they (Grayman) call a "toothy" edge which is not a thinned down, super razor sharp edge. It is an edge that is designed for hard use and is less likely to roll or chip under hard use, plus it is easier to sharpen in the field.

My Satu was the same way. Edge almost looked serrated. Sent it to Tyler34, for his "knife spa" treatment. Edge is now wicked sharp and thinner.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I have read about their toothy edge, but I thought the DUA were coming with a traditional edge. I will go watch that video before I send her out for a sharpening, Like I said the edge is a small price to pay for such a nice knife. BTW magic erasers work wonders on G10 scales.

Top Bottom