• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all, we were visiting family in Idaho and had a chance to go shooting. I usually shoot my handguns at 5, 7, or 10 yds.
    In the awesome wide open spaces of ID, we were shooting at targets from 5 yds out to over 100 yds.

I was SHOCKED at how awesome my CZ 75 Shadow (short dust cover) and revolver, and even the 1911 were at 100 yds.
    I was hitting stationary clay pigeons within 2-3 shots (and all shots were within a pie-tin size area, with only 3 flyers out of 20 shots). I've been working on trigger control and i think this is the best payoff I've seen for it so far.

My father in law was equally floored that the handguns were connecting so well at that range. If it were torso sized steel, i think l would have been hitting 95%+.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun to "stretch the legs" on these handguns

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Sounds like a great day.

People are often surprised how far a pistol round can still be accurate. Glad you had fun.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Always satisfying hitting something small at some distance with a pistol. I recently hit a pop can at 50 with a 22lr pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At every chance.

Yes sir. When I started drilling Travis and Manny with hand guns we started them at 25 yrds. They moaned a bit about it as everyone else down range was do 5/7 yds.
    They became proficient and we moved it out to 50. It clicked. 5 to 7 is a cake walk. They beat steel at 100 pretty well now.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yes sir. When I started drilling Travis and Manny with hand guns we started them at 25 yrds. They moaned a bit about it as everyone else down range was do 5/7 yds.
    They became proficient and we moved it out to 50. It clicked. 5 to 7 is a cake walk. They beat steel at 100 pretty well now.
    I've heard steel can be rung at 430 yards with a .45, but, that's probably a myth. :shady:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a good buddy that did a head shot on a steel silhouette at just over 100 yards with an unsupported M9.

I thought it was a lucky shot....until he followed it up with three more.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    At 1 on the CZickness shoots we were ringing a full size steel at 210. Relentlessly.
    6" custom 2011 in 10mm

1. I was talking to my best friend of a hundred years last evening about his handguns (he's a hunter with mostly rifles and has 25 guns) and he has a Glock 20 with an extra extended barrel: awesome!
    2. He also had a Sig 1911 and other wonderful handguns like the Smith SS, .357 that I owned for awhile and he bought it off me.
    3. You'd like him better than me: he buys only the good stuff for prices you wouldn't believe, like the Glock 20 he bought for only $400!!!
    4. He doesn't shoot anymore and I'm hoping he'll sell me his guns someday at what he paid for them, and I'll be able to retire. :laugh:
    5. He was always the "rich one" but after losing his 100k job at 62 b/c the company shut down, he retired and now I'm his hero b/c I have a small teacher pension, and he only has a "pile" of money which he has invested in rentals for income.
    6. He is truly unhappy with me for not retiring and moving to the state he lives. :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom