• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Did you visit the Great Outdoors on Labor Day? Where did you go? What did you do?

We took our kids to Paynetown SRA (Lake Monroe). Grandma (my mom) rented a double decker pontoon boat for the whole lot of us. Spent the day dragging the kids around the lake on tubes, eating, and swimming.

SPF-50 means I only have a hint of a sunburn after 8 hours. A gorgeous day for sure, and we didn't have any problems getting the kids to sleep last night.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We "camped" in a commercial campground with loud rednecks behind us. I don't think Mom stopped screaming at her kids the entire weekend.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We spent all day Saturday with Jay for some training.
    The whole fam learned stuff and had fun. It was also fun to order Jay around because technically he was paid for the day which made me the boss of him.
    That's right, Jay...the BOSS of you!!
    :evilangel:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We "camped" in a commercial campground with loud rednecks behind us. I don't think Mom stopped screaming at her kids the entire weekend.

Not to mention it started around 7 am... sigh... ohhh and only about 3 feet from our heads as they were butted up right next to us ....

We also made a side trip to Cabela's and also to Chicago so we could visit Molly's for some wonderful cupcakes.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    AND Scutter and Spas shared their little tiny corner of the campground and watched us raid their "kitchen" to make s'mores and hotdogs.

and then on Monday, I tended my front garden for the second time ever this year by pruning back the tree that had overgrown the sidewalk to our house and by planting mums in the shadiest part of our yard in tiny little planters they can't hope to survive a winter in. My thumbs are completely green, can't you tell? :):

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Spent the weekend at Charlestown State Park camping with the family. Went into Louisville a couple of times. Visited Bass Pro as well.

I did have to spend about 20 hours on my cell phone working. But I was with my family and that made me happy.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It was also fun to order Jay around because technically he was paid for the day which made me the boss of him.
    That's right, Jay...the BOSS of you!!

Should have seen the extra check hubby sent me...... mentioned something about thanks for the respite...... :D

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I didn't do nutt'n. Been sick since Saturday night..:noway:

On the bright side, the wife thought I was faking it, right up until she started feeling like crap//:D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I didn't do nutt'n. Been sick since Saturday night..:noway:

On the bright side, the wife thought I was faking it, right up until she started feeling like crap//:D

My kid got sicker than a dog Sunday night into Monday. A couple of his cousins also have been sick. Sounds like something is going around.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    We enjoyed a day out with the whole family (3 generations worth) of informal clay shooting. Took 3 Browning shotguns, 1k+ rounds later between everyone and it was by far one of the most memorable times in recent years. Enjoyed some good food as well and introduced some of the younger grandchildren to their first time with firearms.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I was able to get my 9yo niece behind my AR. It was a little too front heavy for her to hold up so she supported off a table. She was scared at first more of the recoil then anything. After the first shot she said "Thats cool" and started shooting the cans that we had set up.. She shot about 20 rounds out of a 30 round mag. When I finished shooting the last 10 shots of the mag she asked if I had more bullets! I loaded up a new mag and she went through all 30 rounds herself, she did this 2 more times. The look on her face when she would hit a pop can and it would go sailing through the air was priceless! When her and I were done shooting she told me that I needed to tell her Dad that she wants a AR for her Birthday! :rockwoot:

Great weekend!

Top Bottom