• ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Where do you shoot?

I've been hitting up Roush and more recently Churubusco. I haven't been into Freedom/H&H yet since the cold hasn't overridden my miserlyness and I prefer cheaper solutions, but I might give it a "shot" come January. I also haven't tried Roanoke yet, but plan to.

I have some family owned property I can shoot at just outside of Bluffton, but for such a large city we seem to be a bit limited range wise. I heard a rumor once that the New Haven police range out on Adams Center might open on weekends, but as far as I know that hasn't materialized. I've also heard there's a private range outside of Harlan you have to be invited to join, not sure if it's correct or not.

Any spots I'm not aware of?

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I went in t freedom firearms and asked about pricing. $20 a day per person or $300 a year for family. I've been sticking with Roush until the cold weather too because I can't justify spending that much.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I went in t freedom firearms and asked about pricing. $20 a day per person or $300 a year for family. I've been sticking with Roush until the cold weather too because I can't justify spending that much.

You should check out Busco (Ideal Fish and Wildlife). It's basically just an open area with a couple of huts for rifle, but it's generally pretty empty and you can rapid fire/move around/etc... It's only $25 a year too, and they have trap events.

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    i usually shoot at mongo fish and wildlife preserve. its about a 25 min drive from where im at and it can get kinda crowded on the weekends with good weather but ive always been impressed by the willingness of fellow shooters out there to share the range and try and accomodate everyone as much as possible. and ive learned alot just from talking to some of the old timers that are there throughout the week.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Just south of Decatur

Saint Mary's/Bluecreek Conservation Club

$25 first year, $20/year after that. Lifetime membership $250

50 yd range, 100 and 200 yrd rifle range, trap field.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    We are members of the Izaak Walton league which is way out Coldwater road. They have trap/skeet, pistol, rifle and archery ranges. There is also hiking trails and a lake to fish in.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Roush & Freedom so far. Freedom is a bit pricey, but it's very close to home, indoors and oftentimes I do not have an hour and a half to devote just to the round-trip drive to Roush. No rapid fire/doule tap at Roush is a bit of a turn off to me, but not a dealbreaker when I have the time to go out there. Roush's rangemasters are neat guys as well.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Roush & Freedom so far. Freedom is a bit pricey, but it's very close to home, indoors and oftentimes I do not have an hour and a half to devote just to the round-trip drive to Roush. No rapid fire/doule tap at Roush is a bit of a turn off to me, but not a dealbreaker when I have the time to go out there. Roush's rangemasters are neat guys as well.

I prefer the sixteen tap, then reload and tap some more. :laugh:

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County

Yeah, too much money going to all the new toys.
    I know of a place you can shoot, will cost you some reloads. :):

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    New to the area and looking for a place to shoot. Anyone care to post all the details of where they shoot?

Address
    Cost
    Membership required
    Rules (no rapid fire etc)
    Range Officers
    Equipment

Top Bottom