• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I took a trip to Rice's Quality Meats near Spencer and stumbled across this beautiful creation...

DSCN2470.jpg

It is a bacon cheeseburger with the cheese and bacon mixed in with the ground beef. I have to say it was very, very tasty. If any INGO'ers are in the vicinity I highly recommend a trip to Rice's to pick up a couple packs of these. They also have bacon burgers for those don't like cheese. Another wonderful creation they have is a chili cheese dog that has everything mixed together just like the burgers.

Rices Quality Farm Meats Inc. - Home

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    When I make my patties at home I usually get some lean beef and a pack of the oscar meyer precooked bacon bits. 2 pounds of meat and a pack of bacon mixed in with small cubes of pepper jack and a few other spices is killer, just a bit of a pain to cook on the grill...Next time I do it I will ahve to take pictures.

That chili cheese dog sounds very good though.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    That burger looks OK, kind of reminds me of hamburger helper made into a patty.

I'm still pretty proud of my 2/3 pound Tripple Bacon Stuffed PepperJack Double Burger.

I don't have a pic but basically I use a super secret blend of super secret lean/fat mix beef and super secret flavored sausage that has diced super secret thick sliced, smoked bacon and bacon drippings mixed in to make two 1/3 pound patties that you basically put ~2-3oz of pepperjack cheese and two pieces of bacon broken down to fit inside the "pocket" between the beef/pork patties and squeeze the edges together to form a single stuffed "Burger".

You then cook the stuffed burger and use yet another super secret cooking method on 4 pieces of thick cut smoked bacon that get laid between two burger covering, 1/8" thick slices of fresh sliced pepperjack cheese on top of the medium to medium well cooked Super Burger.

Next time I make one, I'll post a pic but I only do them for family get togethers, usually on football Sunday. I spend like 4-6 hours on Saturday (basically the whole day minus the time that Notre Dame is playing) prepping so that I can just cook the burgers on Sunday. Also lets the burger pattys really soak in the seasonings and bacon flavor.

This post is officially been awarded the super secret department of redundancy department award for super secret redundancy.

:D

Top Bottom