• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Just you wait !!

Some bright gun-fan entrepeneur is gonna come up with a workable method to re-pack .22 LR hulls and BUST this gouging war all to hell! THEN watch the brass-peckers start haunting the ranges for empties !!
    It sucks but this is America and that's capitalism. <snip> Wait it out or support it, your choice. Personally I'm going to take up reloading until it passes.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    THIS IS THE B E S T THIRD-POST ...

.... I have ever read !!! Welcome aboard! You deserve an honorary 55-post award !!
    Obama says he wants to put a 500% tax increase on guns and ammo to lower the demand but he doesn’t have to. The threat of the tax has done the same thing by the hording profiteers. Obama is laughing his butt off right now. The guys I feel bad for are the guys who want to protect their family but can’t buy a gun or ammo and something really bad happens. Think about what you are doing. When you take all the ammo it not Capitalism it is WRONG. Is it really worth it.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Funny: this whole thing makes me think of "sex"

Stay with me, and you'll catch it. <food health-care and sex> I ended up in 'Nam despite all my protestation. A country boy can survive. I soon found a safe, legal way to exit the paddy-front and bush, and get into town. It's only 15 mi. from Camp Berchtesgarten in A Shau to downtown Da Nang, if you can wrangle a jeep. Setting up house-keeping is easy too, cuz for a box of Tide or a carton of K*tex the rent , board, and favors are guaranteed for a month! But the Corps has a punch-card for the Tide rations, and K*tex is IMPOSSIBLE to find unless you are a "end-user." So Guess where the grey-market soon developed?: In the several camp mail-rooms! Ordering Kenmore detergent became De Rigeur among wise G.I.s, and so did generic fem-napkins, all from the catalogue. We had ours and could have cared less about anybody else. Did we spread the word?? no. Lots of profit in the City too. Made a lot of girl-friends!! We even served the nuns in the orphanages in Eye-Corps, to make us feel "righteous." Same kind of ops as with ammo here, and the same thing will soon happen as so many of us are predicting: the market will smooth it all out, and we who have not bit will smell like roses, but the gougers will smell like dog-dung. The hoarders will learn their lessons, and all will be well ! Until Feinstein stirs her kettle again. Let's co-operate and make her see just how stupid she is about wanting to ban us !!
    Amazing how those who sing the altruistic tune regarding guns and ammo sing a different tune when it comes to food and healthcare.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've been taking HUGE advantage. I've been sitting on a bunch of things, and AK, a 9mm carbine, a stripped lower, all of which I sold at ridiculous profits.

The funny thing is that all the people I sold them to walked away from the deal happy to have them. I walked away happy to have the money. We both smiled and felt good.

Ain't capitalism beautiful?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    is making someone happy "taking advantage"? maybe maybe not, but i will say that if someone is willing to pay it, then thats what its worth, sellers are all happy right now, except for the availability of course. capitalism is awesome and built the greatest country on earth, too bad we arent capitalists anymore, well our country at least

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I've been taking HUGE advantage. I've been sitting on a bunch of things, and AK, a 9mm carbine, a stripped lower, all of which I sold at ridiculous profits.

The funny thing is that all the people I sold them to walked away from the deal happy to have them. I walked away happy to have the money. We both smiled and felt good.

Sure is, and thats why we are in such bad shape buying all this stuff from china.

As P. T. Bsrnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Careful. Talk like that will get you reported by the price police.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I just wish there was a wise group of elders, maybe just three or four who could sit down and decide the prices for all this. It would make everything fair and everything would be so much smoother and happier and more ethical and moral.

Where oh where could we ever find three or four people willing to decide what we should and should not do? Where oh where?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I just wish there was a wise group of elders, maybe just three or four who could sit down and decide the prices for all this. It would make everything fair and everything would be so much smoother and happier and more ethical and moral.

Where oh where could we ever find three or four people willing to decide what we should and should not do? Where oh where?
    I can make that decision right now.

The price shall be what someone is willing to pay for it, not a dime more :D

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

+1. i felt the winds of change a year ago. late-comers will be subject to market value, which while is overpriced, its coming down. bought a case of 7.62x39 for 350 today. a year ago it would have been what, less than 200? i myself am a newcomer to the AK platform but i decided it pays to diversify.

a few months ago, as a primarily .40 guy, ammo was plentiful and had mostly the same price. while 9mm was gone .40 held steady. now its ALL gone, even 10mm

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Are you sure you don't need someone else to set the prices? They will make it "fair and just" and "moral and ethical" and eliminate gouging, hoarding, buying too much at one time, rainy weather when you want it to be sunny and whatever else needs fixing.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    I didn't think my original post was very vague, but by judging some of the response's I must've been. The biggest problem I'm seeing is the "Non-gun enthusiast" sitting in the lobby of GM/(insert chain store here) buying the ammo just to sell/flip. Out of 100 people every Thurs. morning, I'm willing to bet 1/2 are non-gun owner's. I don't think anybody has a problem with people that were prepared pre-panic making a buck. Just my :twocents:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I didn't think my original post was very vague, but by judging some of the response's I must've been. The biggest problem I'm seeing is the "Non-gun enthusiast" sitting in the lobby of GM/(insert chain store here) buying the ammo just to sell/flip. Out of 100 people every Thurs. morning, I'm willing to bet 1/2 are non-gun owner's. I don't think anybody has a problem with people that were prepared pre-panic making a buck. Just my :twocents:

Too late now Combsie. You pushed a rock over the edge of the hill and it is building momentum, best to just get out of the way. :):

Top Bottom