• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm confused about this campaign? "Green light",to me,always meant go mission, or "weapons free" for the cuddly crowd? Not sure I'm on board with "green lighting" vets? While as a vet, I support the recognition, I think somebody should have thought this one through!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Ooops!

It is a real term and besides since we are on the final approach path for 23R at IND I am afraid that with a blue and a green light the front yard might be mistaken for a taxiway. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It is a real term and besides since we are on the final approach path for 23R at IND I am afraid that with a blue and a green light the front yard might be mistaken for a taxiway. :)

Not to worry. CSB: Blue is used for taxiway lights because the wavelength doesnt travel as far. You cant see the taxiway lights from the air. (Yes, I'm a recovering private pilot and skydiver)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Not to worry. CSB: Blue is used for taxiway lights because the wavelength doesnt travel as far. You cant see the taxiway lights from the air. (Yes, I'm a recovering private pilot and skydiver)

Retired ATP with thirty years in the cockpit and a couple of type ratings and I must respectfully disagree as in many cases they are quite visible from the air. Without a huge investment in hardware and a budget busting light bill I don't think we could really fool anyone though! :rolleyes: :)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So who do I blame if I bring my aircraft down on a "green light a vet" street?

Bought light and intend to install in AM.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In support of it's current meaning, and with more thanks than I can ever state to my late grandfather who served in the Navy during the war to end all wars, my late father who served in both the Army and Army Air Corps (heck, he wanted to end the war sooner), my son-in-law who is current Air Force and as a flight surgeon working to become only the 14th Pilot Physician in Air Force history, and all those who have served, are serving and will serve, a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

Top Bottom