• Status
    Not open for further replies.

johncarries

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    South Bend
    Good day my new-community friends. My nick-name is johncarries. I have hunted and fished all my life and love it. I am a new to conceal and carry so I am still learning and have a lot of questions. After one completes the basic course, which is best all-around course to take? Secondly, how does a new member of this community post to sell a piece? Many thanks for your patience and guidance.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO, John. Good questions. I'll give them a shot.

By basic course, do you mean the NRA Intro to Handguns? If so, then I'd recommend the Defensive Pistol class. That will take you from understanding (NRA Intro) how the pistol functions, basic safety and possibly how to fire it to (Defensive Pistol) the mechanics and practice of draw and fire, additional safety, some legal issues, moving while shooting, etc. I'm not sure what trainers are available in the SB area, but I'm sure if you post a request in the Tactics and Training forum, you will get a lot of good pointers.

As for participating in the classifieds, it is open to "contributing" members only. You can contribute either by adding 50 "quality" posts to INGO which helps contribute content to the site or by purchasing a site membership for $20/year. Most people get to know the site first and post to get there. If you follow that path, then be sure not to post junk in a run to get to 50. You are basically on probation for now and one-liners posted in a rush to get to the classifieds will be deleted. Just ask questions, answer where you can and generally participate and you will get there before you know it.

Have fun and good luck!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It looks like pudly did a good job answering your questions! Hopefully you continue to find such helpful people, welcome to INGO!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom