• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    What you are saying is that you are a libertarian (at least a civil libertarian) who votes democrat. Classic liberals (Jeffersonian-Democrats) are basically libertarians.

Just as the collectivists pushed the Jeffersonian-Democrats to the side, now the Progressives are doing the same. Being a leftist these days does not mean that you care for the common man. And farthest that most Progressives get into collectivism might as well be called fascism. The Progressivists say that they are feminists/environmentalists/gay rights. But in practice it is more like a mix of fascism with neo-paganism.

I have college kids saying that you can not be a "real democrat" unless you graduated college. And they look at the poor, the old and the disabled as human pollution. They do not see the masses as being able to run their own lives. That it takes those with education to care for the masses. They do not like populism. And they do not trust the people. Class warfare and snobbery.

I agree with Trooper on this one.

I know several people who want to see .gov run everyone's life because they figure they are smart/educated/plugged in enough to be part of the crowd that makes the rules for all the dum people. This elitist nonsense is where the democrats get many, but not all of their votes.

For these people gun control is in fact largely about getting the guns out of the hands of hillbillys like me.

Obviously, all democrats and gun control advocates do not fall under this description, but many do.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My intent wasn't to insult anyone! You can infer as you wish and continue to post as you please. I have always had an appreciation for the rules and I'm mature enough to post my comments without breaking them. It appears you do not possess that talent, so please do not take the conversation in a direction that does break the rules.

This has to be a joke. You invoked a TRUE following. Honestly, spare the audience your faux maturity speech and be a man. You implied the age old axiom that man cannot be good without your god. It is time to grow up, indeed. Furthermore, do I really need to explain why your insinuation is insulting? I fear we aren't operating on the same level. Thus, this exchange is worthless. If you wish, we can continue this discussion on the origin of morals. That would be the height of maturity.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I'm socially Liberal if that's what you mean (generally people get the two confused). I also highly respect academics as well as those who have experiences in other areas of life. I would not trust an academic to fix my car, but on the flip side I don't trust some radio show host to have a bit of understanding of something like vaccinations. Both blue/white collars have their places in society and each bring to the table experience and knowledge about various areas. There is a lot of "snobbery" because the most vocal pro-gunner kind of people also tend to be those who have a disposition that they're "country" and honestly hillbilly-like.

I mean look at people like former-police chief Mark Kessler (he was terminated for his behavior)...this man is supposed to be law enforcement. No one is saying he can't hold his beliefs, but he comes off as the type of man who if I went up to him with a load gun, told him "**** YOU PIG" and shot the entire clip's worth in a safe direction away from him with a properly setup backstop, he'd have me arrested for threatening behavior/assault.

The perception, and I speak of this because I do run in the liberal circles, is that responsible, civil gun owners are few and far in-between and what you're left with is the kind of guys from Duck Dynasty. And maybe that's the way some people are, nothing wrong with that, but when you're talking to a group of people who most people see as college educated people who don't live in the real world and never had to work a day in their life...well you see where I'm getting at.

There's snobbery on both sides of the fence and like I keep repeating we're ALL ****ing ourselves over with our inability to come together and talk like men. Our government is failing because neither side likes to budge because god forbid two groups of people can't come to the understanding that sometimes you can't have 100% of what you want 100% of the time. That's why Obamacare will be ineffective at solving the issues with healthcare (I will still say that some action is better than no action) and that's why gun banning is ****ing stupid.

If you want to spread your message go onto websites like Reddit. There's a whole bunch of pro-gunners on there, go into liberal subreddits and hold discussions. Don't insult people, check your grammar and spelling, and I bet you'll find there are more than a few liberals who have a centrist view of gun ownership. I would make the challenge to have some of them come in here, but I remember more than a few people bashing me because I was "defending Obama" (more like pointing out things that aren't true) on an anti-Obama forum.

Meaningful discussion and not bull**** "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" politics will be how you begin fixing this country and that should be the step everyone should be making. Myself included.

So you don't believe that someone who nose-to-nose shouts at an officer of the law and immediately then unholsters his arm and fires it in a 'safe' direction isn't being threatening? I would just like that clarified, if you don't mind answering that.

Secondly, has there ever been anything on the show Duck Dynasty to lead you to believe any of the members of that family are somehow incivil or irresponsible?

Thirdly, what impetus is there for the 'blue-collar' workers to even care about the opinions of the liberalesque 'white-collar' workers, who by your own admission, you wouldn't even want working on your car?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This has to be a joke. You invoked a TRUE following. Honestly, spare the audience your faux maturity speech and be a man. You implied the age old axiom that man cannot be good without your god. It is time to grow up, indeed. Furthermore, do I really need to explain why your insinuation is insulting? I fear we aren't operating on the same level. Thus, this exchange is worthless. If you wish, we can continue this discussion on the origin of morals. That would be the height of maturity.

Did you really go back three days to dig this up? I'm sure you will say that I'm baiting you, but if you continue taking this into a religious discussion I will give you a temp or permanent ban.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did you really go back three days to dig this up? I'm sure you will say that I'm baiting you, but if you continue taking this into a religious discussion I will give you a temp or permanent ban.
    I think you started that argument with "TRUE" and you knew what you were doing. And then you threaten to ban someone else for what you did?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think you started that argument with "TRUE" and you knew what you were doing. And then you threaten to ban someone else for what you did?

That word did not start an argument. Yes, if the person to whom I was addressing continues to make this discussion about religion, I will ban him. This is one time I'm not taking a stop back and I'm not apologizing in any way for one work I posted and I'm not taking crap over a post someone desires to take the wrong way.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    That word did not start an argument. Yes, if the person to whom I was addressing continues to make this discussion about religion, I will ban him. This is one time I'm not taking a stop back and I'm not apologizing in any way for one work I posted and I'm not taking crap over a post someone desires to take the wrong way.

Nor should you. Frankly, after looking at this thread, looks to me like someone's main button got pushed and now it's turned into a personal diatribe rather than a discussion of the real topic.

The FACT remains that America IS getting ground down. The reasons are clear to those of us willing to see. Nobody likes looking inward and not liking what they see - but some people don't handle it well and instead lash out at those who are willing to look at themselves honestly.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I watched the whole video and found it to be a hard core propaganda video. It was a polar opposite of a Micheal Moore movie. No balance of people giving opinions or facts, it was totally one sided. At least Micheal Moore will interview and edit the other side of the story for his own agenda. I point this out because it will turn off most moderates.

Our country is suffering because of the the break down of the family and .gov over spending. Our children are adapting to this, positively and negatively.

In the video they say that is the plan of the communist is to divide the family, or to say a divorced family is a broken family.

There has to be positive role models and it would be best if it was a family member so the child loves and respects that role model.

Some children will never have that family member to teach them to be a man or women. Kids want to know what they are supposed to do. Tell kids to work hard and stay out of trouble then they will be ok.

The next place is teacher's. Ya the teacher union sucks. Teacher's are under valued and under paid.

In the video they say the commies are teaching homosexuality. WHAT? who wants to be treated poorly, who wants to come out to their parents?

Pretty sure being gay is not on a kids to do list, and our society will not collapse if we treat them equally.

This movie will not change any young person's way of thinking. Mild Libertarianism could change this country.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I watched the entire movie, I thought it was well worth the watch. Thanks for posting it up and sharing it with us.
    Let's get back on topic here, America has been being ground down for a long time, slowly and methodically.

Top Bottom