• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    Recently acquired an sp2022 in Fort Wayne. Felt great at the store and I've heard great things about the gun. After taking it to the range (my backyard), I've concluded it's a good shooting, accurate handgun, as most Sigs are.

But, I have one obnoxious problem. The massive protruding decocker is digging a hole into the base of my support hand's thumb. Enough so that I'm beginning to flinch in anticipation of the impeding "decocker bite". On a normal Sig (p239, 229, etc) the decocker lies flat and does not bite. This is really irritating me. The only two solutions I can think of are filing the decocker down (may depreciate the gun's value) or changing my grip (I really don't want to).

Are there any other sp2022 owners out there with the same issue?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Recently acquired an sp2022 in Fort Wayne. Felt great at the store and I've heard great things about the gun. After taking it to the range (my backyard), I've concluded it's a good shooting, accurate handgun, as most Sigs are.

But, I have one obnoxious problem. The massive protruding decocker is digging a hole into the base of my support hand's thumb. Enough so that I'm beginning to flinch in anticipation of the impeding "decocker bite". On a normal Sig (p239, 229, etc) the decocker lies flat and does not bite. This is really irritating me. The only two solutions I can think of are filing the decocker down (may depreciate the gun's value) or changing my grip (I really don't want to).

Are there any other sp2022 owners out there with the same issue?

I have two SP2022's, one 9mm and the other .40 S&W. I've never had a problem with the decocker digging in at all.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Might just have to adjust your grip a tad? I hated the decocker on the 2022 compared to my 226... hence why its no longer in my collection.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I have shot a 2022 in 40 and my only issue was accidentally riding the slide release. Ive never been bit by the decocker....I might say check your grip, see if you can adjust that thumb slightly. Any chance that you could take a few good pics of your grip?

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Your hands must be larger than mine, it looks like your grip is correct. The only thing I would think about is maybe shifting your grip with your right hand a tad more forward, thus moving the base of your left thumb farther back. Im no expert, but maybe take a tactical pistol course that has an experienced instructor. :dunno:

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    Yeah, I have big frickn hands. Out of habit I'm actually holding my right hand back a little. If I grip all the way up on it, the trigger will rest somewhere between my two knuckles/finger-grooves/whatever you call it. The gun might not be the problem, just my fat hands.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    A SIG guy on another forum told me that they were trying out a design that worked easier with gloves on their "lower cost LEO designed" firearm to see how people liked it. It didn't receive very good reviews in the US...not sure why they didn't fix it in the newer runs...still selling OK overseas?

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    A SIG guy on another forum told me that they were trying out a design that worked easier with gloves on their "lower cost LEO designed" firearm to see how people liked it. It didn't receive very good reviews in the US...not sure why they didn't fix it in the newer runs...still selling OK overseas?

This makes sense. Even the magazine release seems oversized. It protrudes enough to be accidentally pressed. I'm curious if anyone has ever dropped a magazine while firing. I must note, I'm not trying to condemn the gun. If there were a replacement decocker out there similar to the P series decocker, I'd be much more comfortable with it.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I own a 2022 in 9mm, and have had zero issues with it. Shoots great, never had a FTF, FTE, or FTFire. My only "concerns" are that the trigger has a lot of play in it, and when I use after market mags, Mec-gar 17 rounders, the mag likes to trip the slide release from the inside, and loads a round when I slap the bottom of the mag into place. They are just pet peeves, per say, and do not hinder the operation of the weapon.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    The legend of Hickok45 just posted his review of the SP2022 today. I believe this is going to be my next purchase in FDE color. He was a little bent over the DA/SA trigger, but he always in. I'm a fan of this action. Now, 9mm or .40, that is the question...
    [video=youtube_share;B4EYUsB6wBc]http://youtu.be/B4EYUsB6wBc[/video]

Top Bottom