• ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Groupon Continues its Refusal to Promote Firearms Training Companies

I'm editing my original post and the title to this thread. Although Groupon is resuming some firearms-related promotions (e.g., gun ranges), they still refuse to promote firearms training companies. I see absolutely no logic to this policy.

Guy

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Yea I saw a Groupon deal for Pop's on my twitter feed last week or the week before. Forgot to post about it here at the time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea I saw a Groupon deal for Pop's on my twitter feed last week or the week before. Forgot to post about it here at the time.

I got it in an email from Groupon. I had forgotten that they suspended this practice. When I saw that the deal was for Pop's I deleted it.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    In my opinion you are wasting your advertising $$$ there. I setup an auto-delete for Groupon after their "temporary" ban was announced. Of course I don't recall it being described at temporary at the time.

IndianaLead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Yes, when did Groupon mention that their ban was "temporary"? I certainly don't recall that being mentioned when we approached them earlier this year. Personally, I think I will avoid setting up any deals through them until they've been back in the game for at least a year (or more) and given me some reason to believe they won't jump ship again at the slightest hint of negative press. I'm looking for reliable business partners, not opportunists. Just my personal opinion. - Bryan @ Indiana Lead

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Yes, when did Groupon mention that their ban was "temporary"? I certainly don't recall that being mentioned when we approached them earlier this year. Personally, I think I will avoid setting up any deals through them until they've been back in the game for at least a year (or more) and given me some reason to believe they won't jump ship again at the slightest hint of negative press. I'm looking for reliable business partners, not opportunists. Just my personal opinion. - Bryan @ Indiana Lead
    They use the word "hiatus"

Groupon provided the following statement from spokeswoman Julie Mossler to Daily Finance: "All scheduled and current gun-related deals featured on Groupon North America, including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry and clay shooting, have been placed on hiatus while we review internal standards that shape the deal inventory we feature. The category is under review following recent consumer and merchant feedback."

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My hiatus with Groupon will continue until I feel that they can be a trusted partner again... This could take some time.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My groupon theme ever since they caved and will surely cave again. Along with Dick's, Cheaper Than Dirt, and a few others.

Aerosmith_-_Permanent_Vacation.JPG

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Well, apparently I jumped the gun. While the Groupon sales manager thought that she was free to sell firearm training promotions, her manager just informed her that Groupon continues to refuse to do business with anyone offering firearm training courses. Shooting ranges are okay, but training courses - on how to SAFELY AND RESPONSIBLY handle a firearm - are still forbidden. Someone please explain that logic to me!!?!?!?

Moderator - can you please change the title of this threat to "Groupon Continues its Refusal to Promote Firearms Training Courses." I am going after these morons again. I am hot.

Guy

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My hiatus with Groupon will continue until I feel that they can be a trusted partner again... This could take some time.

Well, apparently I jumped the gun. While the Groupon sales manager thought that she was free to sell firearm training promotions, her manager just informed her that Groupon continues to refuse to do business with anyone offering firearm training courses. Shooting ranges are okay, but training courses - on how to SAFELY AND RESPONSIBLY handle a firearm - are still forbidden. Someone please explain that logic to me!!?!?!?

Moderator - can you please change the title of this threat to "Groupon Continues its Refusal to Promote Firearms Training Courses." I am going after these morons again. I am hot.

Guy

Translated: We just found out about the navy yard shootings.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Groupon, Moron, I keep getting them confused.. A leopard obviously doesn't change it's spots.. I think the people that are interested in training will find training without hearing about it through Groupon.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

Guy

I'd say this proves that you should never do business with them again. They have no logic. :twocents:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Guy
    If you go to edit post you can change your title. You may have to click advance.

Top Bottom