• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My car got broken into while I was at work, and a range bag that I had neglected to take out of it was stolen. Glad I could help arm some sleeze-ball in Louisville. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

And apparently, the 2 guns won't total enough to ding the deductible on my insurance, so I get to eat that loss. And the broken window won't hit the deductible for that, either, so I get to pay for it too!

And my birthday is tomorrow!

Sorry. Needed to rant. Police reports have already been filed with serial numbers and everything, and the building is pulling security tape footage. I'm ticked with myself that I didn't remember to take that bag out of my car before I went to work, but I'm FURIOUS with whatever ****head decided to bust my window out while I was working.

Just wish I could've been taking a walk and run into him while he was there....different ending entirely to the story, then. :xmad::xmad:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Your deductible must be insanely high, or you had a hi point and a jennings in there...

Hope you get em back, there is also a stolen firearms thread for you to post serials for people to keep an eye out.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    That really sucks. Hopefully they can find him and get the guns back before they get too far.

I know how you feel about having a window smashed closed to your birthday. I had mine busted in college on my birthday once. I was not a happy camper that day.

Do you happen to belond to the NRA? I think they have free coverage for your weaons, but I didn't read the fine print.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Your deductible must be insanely high, or you had a hi point and a jennings in there...

Hope you get em back, there is also a stolen firearms thread for you to post serials for people to keep an eye out.

It actually fell under my home insurance, since it was personal property theft, and not my car insurance. So the deductible was $1500. :-( I think that once totaled, everything will come up a little bit shy of that.

I'll have to find that stolen guns thread.

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    That sucks ! Sorry you have to deal with that . Try not to let it mess up your bday .

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I know it's a little late, but a low deductible isn't a whole lot more on your premium.

Live and learn; I'll be changing that this week.

It's been a busy time. I'm getting married at the end of this month, working 52 hours with two swings this week, now dealing with all of this, gotta get the window repaired and deal with police reports and insurance agencies.....ugh I need a nap.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Using the trunk if you have one would be better than lower deductibles. Sorry you lost your guns, birthdays aren't all there cracked up to be anyway.

Happy BD

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Using the trunk if you have one would be better than lower deductibles. Sorry you lost your guns, birthdays aren't all there cracked up to be anyway.

Happy BD

Jeep Cherokee; no trunk. I've lamented that fact many times, although I love the car otherwise.

I've already contacted the insurance company for quotes on a lower deductible, and a guy about repairing the window, and submitted the itemized listing of what was taken to the home insurance; totaled up, it actually DID come out a bit over the top of the deductible. Not NEARLY enough to replace it all, or even a third of it, but it'll help cover the cost of repairs at least.

Lessons learned; don't be lazy about leaving the range bag in the car. Don't trust city people. ;) Leave rat-traps set under all your car seats.

Honestly, the part about all of this that bothers me the most, is that now my guns are running around Louisville in some thugs hands, causing who knows what trouble. I can't shake that knot in the pit of my stomach about that. It's a bad feeling, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody; except for maybe the guy that broke my window.

And I kinda wish he had left my granddads aviators in the console; he's dead now, and those can't be replaced. :(

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    or.... break another window/ tamper with the ignition and then i'm sure you could make it totaly up to your deductable! or like you said just be ticked and deal with it! goodluck and i hope they find the punk..
    good lesson to be learned from this is..
    if you own a number of guns and you didn't buy them all brand new.. make sure you have a list of the guns, details and serial #'s just for times like this. and DO NOT KEEP THE LIST IN YOUR RANGE BAG!!!! HAVE A COPY HERE AND THERE..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GOODLUCK WITH THE UPCOMING WEDDING!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, three of us?! I had no idea! Either of you have the distinction of being born on Friday the 13th?

As for having a list of models and whatnot; I was able to give the serial of 1 right there to the officer, off of a document I store online. The other one I hadn't put in yet, but I rang my FFL this morning at 9am and had the serial for it within 20 minutes.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sucks man. So sorry. But hey it is also my birthday tomorrow so now there are three of us

!:happybday:

Edit 4 of us! My 13th birthday was Friday the 13th!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    There has got to be some correlation here....how many Indiana Gun Owners can have a birthday of October 13th, and what are the chances that they would all stop in to this particular thread?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Happy Birthday, sorry for your loss and expenses. Good luck on the upcoming nuptuals...or should I say congratulations.

P.S. Apparently I am one of the few INGOers whose birthday is NOT tomorrow.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    or.... break another window/ tamper with the ignition and then i'm sure you could make it totaly up to your deductable! or like you said just be ticked and deal with it! goodluck and i hope they find the punk..
    good lesson to be learned from this is..
    if you own a number of guns and you didn't buy them all brand new.. make sure you have a list of the guns, details and serial #'s just for times like this. and DO NOT KEEP THE LIST IN YOUR RANGE BAG!!!! HAVE A COPY HERE AND THERE..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GOODLUCK WITH THE UPCOMING WEDDING!

I actually checked this when I got back in the car; the steering wheel wasn't even "locked" when I got back in. As in, nobody had been trying to mess with it since I got out of the car. I don't think they ever intended to steal the car; they were just there to grab what wasn't nailed down and run. Change out of the ash tray, leather jacket off the front seat, sunglasses out of the console, and the bag out of the back.

Top Bottom