• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    I am thinking about buying a new GSG 1911-A1 22. My question is . Has any one got or had one of these ? If so how did it function ? Do it seem to feed good , were there stove pipes rounds and failures to eject ? What brand ammo did it like the best , what was worst ? Thanks

dharris2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I have one. It runs good with copper plated bullets. Subsonic do not cycle my gun even with a suppressor on. I did get stove pipes and some failure to eject, but I think it had to do with the ammo. CCI copper plated bullets work the best. CCI stingers run good, little more punch to run the slide. I have one to cut the cost of shooting my 45 ACP 1911. And it cost just a little more then buying the 22lr conversions for 1911. But you get another gun and the barrel is threaded already.

My suppressor is for 5.56

Last edited:

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I have the Colt/Umarex version. I have at least 3,000 rounds through it now. It eats everything, even the cheap stuff without problems until about 2,500 rounds. I replaced the spring about 200 rounds ago and it's back to like new. I have a Buckmark also but the 1911-22 is my go to cheap shooter most of the time.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mine runs very well. Federal Bulk works fine so I've stuck with it. CCI subsonic works fine with my suppressor. "Primer Only" .22 doesn't cycle the slide. I'd recommend the GSG to anyone.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I have the Sig version but they are the same thing. CCI stingers run the best. Once it was broke in, it ran bulk pack federal ok until it gets dirty after a couple of sessions. I use Remington golden bullets for malfunction practice. It's ok but not a tack driver or ultra reliable. It works good for a cheap trainer for USPSA SS that has the exact controls. Another plus is you can use the same holster/mag pouches. But if you don't have to have an exact 1911, the Ruger 22/45 is close and mine gets a lot more use than the Sig/GSG.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a GSG 1911-22. It is a lot of fun to shoot and since the ammo is so cheap you can shoot all day. My friends had so much fun shooting my pistol, two of them purchased guns for themselves.
    I shoot Winchester bulk .22 no problems at all

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    We had ours out today. Ran 50 rounds through with the suppressor. All of it old Federal bulk bought back in 09. (I looked up the lot number on the back). This stuff is pretty dirty and it ran like a champ.

Top Bottom