Avon
    Anyone on here got one?

gsg5atlanticfirearms.com.jpg

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    They seem to be the rage on other forums. I wonder if they are a good training tool for those who run the real 9mm version.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    If they were a little easier to get, I probably would already own one. Way cheaper to shoot the .22LR than .223. If I can find one for a decent price later this year, I may just pick one up.

All these people are putting rails, $95 stocks and $350 EOtechs on them. TactiCOOL, yes, functional... Not so sure. I kinda cringe at spending double what the gun cost on accessories.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, at first glance $500 seems like a lot for a .22, then I look at my 10/22 and realize that $500 is not so bad........ :D

I would like to see one in person, but I'm considering getting another 10/22 to build to go with my other so I'm not sure yet. Would have to see one. If anyone sees one in Indiana post up so we can take a look!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Most reports I have seen from other owners have been overall positive. The most common issue seems to be jams/misfeeds if the front of the magwell or the magazine itself is gripped too tight, causing the mag to flex, scraping on the follower, and subsequently not chambering a round properly.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New GSG 5

I am picking up my new Titanium GSG 5 tomorrow. Really cool gun. Fort Libery Firearms is the best.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got the standard model a couple of weeks ago. Between my daughter and myself, we shot well over a brick through it on first outing. Very fun rifle and very accurate. My daughter was shooting from a seated position on the ground, using the iron sights and was able to keep all 22 rounds from the mag in a 3 inch circle at 30 yards.

Just picked up 4 mags from Aim Surplus. They have the aftermarket mags for half what the factories sell for. From what I hear, the aftermarket mags actually work! Bought a few and will report on them as soon as I get a chance.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    danielocean03 had a loaner GSG5 that I got to shoot. I was surprised at how much fun at was. It's on my short-list of rifles to pick up at some point.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm still looking to buy one eventually, there always seems to be something else I need. I love the GSG 5, blast to shoot and a bargain at that.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Have one and love it. Never had a problem with ammo feeding and is surprisingly accurate. Right now I consider it one of my best purchases. If you get one, I'd suggest buying extra mags.

Top Bottom