• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Ugh, I got handed the late schedule at work this week so this one won't be going out any time this week. On the bright side I scored 4 bulk boxes of .22 ammo so hopefully soon I'll be able to get the STG-44 out.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I finally took this rifle out to the range today and it was absolutely stupendous! It fed cheap Winchester 555 and never missed a beat! Only downside is this thing can chew through ammo like a monkey on a cup cake.

Accuracy was more than acceptable and bordering on great! 50 yards and it was poking holes in and around the X. Very fun rifle but is considered a plinker and nothing serious as I knew this going in. No regrets on this one.

cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo
    Those things are cool as ****. There was one sitting at my LGS not long ago that I got to handle and I was impressed. Now I just gotta come up with some money.

sigh...

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    My son got one a few months ago.... great fun to shoot !! Definite fun buy. Mags have been hard to find though......

I found one dealer on GunBroker who was selling at a very reasonable price with free shipping so I snagged 3 extra mags. I think they were $36.95 each, not great but the best price anywhere I found on the net.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Had one for a while. No problems but, couldn't get past all the plastic inside the receiver.....if I remember correctly, the bolt carrier and some other internal parts were plastic. Decided that IMHO longevity probably was not there. Sold it for what I had in it. No regrets.

-G

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Had one for a while. No problems but, couldn't get past all the plastic inside the receiver.....if I remember correctly, the bolt carrier and some other internal parts were plastic. Decided that IMHO longevity probably was not there. Sold it for what I had in it. No regrets.

-G

Not exactly sure what you were expecting but it has a Ciener .22 conversion style carrier setup inside.... no big surprise on this end anyway. A .22 load isn't going to push much weight while cycling so all metal wasn't expected. From examing the build, I'm quite satisfied with it.

Top Bottom