• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    This will be my first competition shoot will people be there to help us newbies understand what we are doing step wise so we don't slow anything up? I am really looking forward to this and I am bringing my cousin and plenty of ammo so we can both try our hand at this. I am really looking forward to it but nervous about making sure I don't mess up. I have read the rules but it is nice to have someone walk you through it all as well. Also do we need to bring cash to register or are credit cards accepted? If cash is there a range fee that is outside of the GSSf fees?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Come on out!

This will be my first competition shoot will people be there to help us newbies understand what we are doing step wise so we don't slow anything up? I am really looking forward to this and I am bringing my cousin and plenty of ammo so we can both try our hand at this. I am really looking forward to it but nervous about making sure I don't mess up. I have read the rules but it is nice to have someone walk you through it all as well. Also do we need to bring cash to register or are credit cards accepted? If cash is there a range fee that is outside of the GSSf fees?

GSSF competitions were created for the, "entry level" shooter! All of us there will be happy to help you feel comfortable and understand the rules and what is required to shoot each of the three stages. Credit cards or cash are both welcome. The fees are posted on GSSF.com and are $35.00 for an annual membership in GSSF and an additional $25.00 for each match you wish to shoot in. Again if you go to the website GSSF.com the application, entry forms and rules are all there. Or, you can just show up and all of this will be available on site as well. It is a blast! And easy to learn. :)

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Bring some cash, too, for lunch and pop. Also if we have enough volunteer ROs, there will be a couple of side matches on the back side of the range. (SCSA based). These will be all steel targets, and 5 strings for $5.
    GLOCK will have some swag for sale too, but they will accept credit cards for that.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I had a great time at my first shoot. I have a lot to learn and things to practice. I knew it would be harder than my range trips but it was a good experience to see how my nerves, heat, sweat, etc affected my shooting capability. Also I didn't realize on my G27 on the 5 to Glock I could load then have someone add a round so I didn't get penalized for two misses by being short a round. Also on Glock M my 27 messed up and as I had a reshoot for having not enough rounds the first string. When the trigger failed to reset it added about 20 seconds while I cleared the chamber and reloaded and completed the string. I will be back again and may even head to Lexington, KY in the fall for that shoot. Thanks everyone who worked the line and helped answer questions.

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    My wife and I had a great time yesterday. We appreciate the patience of the RO staff, not just our first GSSF match but pistol match. Next time we'll be smoother and save the ROs some time!

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Anybody know what the total participation was for the event? It seemed like a lot of people but it was my first gun competition so not sure if this was a small event or a large one. Looks like last year there was 113 participants in the amateur civilian group. It will be interesting to see the total this year.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Anybody know what the total participation was for the event? It seemed like a lot of people but it was my first gun competition so not sure if this was a small event or a large one. Looks like last year there was 113 participants in the amateur civilian group. It will be interesting to see the total this year.

412 Total - (372 last year)
    Match Director

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    My sincere thanks to all the RO's and other volunteers who came out and worked their butts off to make this happen. If you were there you know the conditions were BRUTAL ! Gave away five guns to the staff and four of them went to ACC members. Thanks also to Mark, Patty and Tim from GSSF. Start watching here about January as we get ready for next year !

I have asked for the weekend of Oct 29 & 30, 2016

Jeff Oakes
    Match Director

Last edited:
    Top Bottom