• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I still haven't watched the first one :(

you are hereby banished from ingo! by decree of shootersix! at least till you watch the first one!

I didn't really think the first one would be good, so I waited till it came out on blue ray....and dammit if I didn't wish I would have seen it in the theatre!

it was an amazing movie

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I wasn't excited to see the first one, especially after women I knew said how great it was. My wife and I don't agree on movie choices and when her girlfriends convinced her to see it, I was thinking this had to be a chick flick in disguise. But, we saw it and I admit now that it was a heck of a flick and I watch it almost every time it comes on TV.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I have a 12.5 year old son who's now heard of this. He's seen most of the other MTU movies, but neither he nor I have seen GOTG yet. Anything overly inappropriate? I know, by INGO standards, that assessment can vary, but I'm still curious. :D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So, I have a 12.5 year old son who's now heard of this. He's seen most of the other MTU movies, but neither he nor I have seen GOTG yet. Anything overly inappropriate? I know, by INGO standards, that assessment can vary, but I'm still curious. :D

no, I think the producers knew with a talking raccoon and walking tree (that also talks) the children would be a large part of the demographic

but there is one scene that could be questionable,

[video=youtube;7yJ8frbEJ5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yJ8frbEJ5g[/video]

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Everyone has different standards, but I saw it first with kids and can't recall being concerned.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    no, I think the producers knew with a talking raccoon and walking tree (that also talks) the children would be a large part of the demographic

but there is one scene that could be questionable,

Ah - thanks for that. It helps that the graphic part is off screen, sorta. (In some ways, the mind's ability to fill in the blanks can be worse.)

We've also played Halo and Splinter Cell games together. I can't imagine anything being more graphic than Splinter Cell in terms of violence. (Well, I *can* imagine it, but not in the context of what I want my son to be exposed to.)

Everyone has different standards, but I saw it first with kids and can't recall being concerned.
    Thanks!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ah - thanks for that. It helps that the graphic part is off screen, sorta. (In some ways, the mind's ability to fill in the blanks can be worse.)

We've also played Halo and Splinter Cell games together. I can't imagine anything being more graphic than Splinter Cell in terms of violence. (Well, I *can* imagine it, but not in the context of what I want my son to be exposed to.)

Thanks!

you now your child better than I do, but if they are a teen, and you let them play splinter cell/call of duty, they should be able to handle any "Marvel/Disney" movie, but not "Fox/Marvel", I'm 48 and deadpool was almost too mature for me!!!!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh absolutely. Heck, Deadpool was hilarious, but about at the edge of what I consider entertainment.

With my son, it is the more mental/emotional part. For instance, that scene has no context for me, but if the buildup to it included the dead guy's kids/family, then that would be tough.

The movie/videogame violence is properly categorized as such. Actual shooting, even Nerf guns, is a different thing.

Top Bottom