Guess the days of cheap mosins are definitely gone...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My first mosin cost me $79, saw them a couple weeks ago for around $200 in Clarksville/Jeffersonville. Whew! I am saddened by the drying up of most the surplus market in the past couple years. Try to find some 8mm or .303, :(

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    My first mosin cost me $79, saw them a couple weeks ago for around $200 in Clarksville/Jeffersonville. Whew! I am saddened by the drying up of most the surplus market in the past couple years. Try to find some 8mm or .303, :(

I'm not sure what's in store for surplus arms and ammo. It's been a long ride and now I'm wondering if it's more or less over. It's not looking good.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    We (Acme Sports/Seymour, IN) just got a few more in at a little better price than we had been seeing. These are the nice grade ones with complete kit (bayonet, sling, oil bottle, etc)....$155 for INGO members :):

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I recently traded a 1952 Walther PP (est. value $350.00) in great condition for a near flawless 1926 Tula ex-dragoon 91/30 (est. value $200). Call me crazy? I don't think so. The seller had refinished, polished, cleaned every millimeter of her, installed mojo sights, and a rubber butt pad. If you've ever had to clean a mosin, you know what a PITA it can be. It was well worth it IMO. I love the new Mosin and it truely is one of the best looking ones I have ever seen.

Forgot to mention i also got about 500 rnds, a plano amo box with rifle rest, sling, tools, and cleaning kits.

Deals are for those who have a hard time feeling satisfied after a purchase. No one ever over pays for something they truly desire.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not sure what's in store for surplus arms and ammo. It's been a long ride and now I'm wondering if it's more or less over. It's not looking good.
    Pretty much. We've been coasting on the surplus of two world wars and a cold war. I think the last country with a large amount of surplus arms and ammo from that era in store is Russia. I hear it that most of the Mosins and ammo are coming out of Ukraine, and that the Russian stockpile is still fairly undisturbed. Not sure if there's any truth to this or not. Anyone know?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom