• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    not sure if this is the right spot to post so just wanted some other gun owners with families thoughts. i want to get my gun back from my friend that i transferd it to a few years ago due to family issues, so july i had a chance to and i was traveling with my sisters family and when they found out i wanted to get my gun back my sis and brother in law her husband they flipped out on me, i made calls to all the proper people to ask about traveling and brining it back sisnce it was bought in michigan to indian there was no issues. and my sis said what if they would have been pulled over with a gun in the car well the gun is registersd to me and i wouldnt even have any ammo so im transporting a empty firearm, so i dont think anything would happen it all legal, but my sis asked me if i had my gun where would i keep it? i said in a safe not gonna leave it out, i live alone so i see no problem but i still buy a safe,

so thats my story i would love to hear how people with families delt with others in their family not so gun friendly. and how they feel knowing u have a gun in the home or carry.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    1. I always keep my guns in a large, heavy, high quality safe that is also bolted to the floor when I am not using them. I also have a small, quick access handgun safe that I keep my home defense gun in. It can be opened in less than 2 seconds.

2. I do not care one tiny bit what my family, friends, or anyone else feels about me owning them. :)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If you are a passenger in their vehicle you should ask permission first. If you are the driver in your own vehicle then it is your choice, not up for discussion.

Gun vaults restrict access to family members who might need them in a tough situation. Including your 11 year old. It is better to teach them they are not to be touched unless they are planning on taking a life in self defense during a home invasion or with your permission in your presence. Meaning target shooting, not as a hitman.
    Since you live alone you should just keep it on you at all times.

Do you have an LTCH? If not then It has to be In the trunk in a locked container.
    If you do have an LTCH it can ride in your lap... Michigan law permitting. I don't know about vehicle carry in Michigan. I don't go there. But they honor our LTCH

As to where you would keep the gun.... say on your hip and on the nightstand when you are asleep. Then say where else would I keep it... in a safety deposit box?

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    thanks for the responses, i know to keep my gun locked up, and my sister says she doesnt want our 2nd amendment rights taken away but i kind of feel she is taking those away from me, and yes i know i can do what i want still why should she care her family has visited me 3 times since i moved to my place last august :-/ so maybe i talk to her again,

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    its registered to my friend back in michigan i wanted to get it back, she had a problem with me bringing it back in her car and or me having it. even though i have had training, she must think that im gonna get in trouble having it, yeah i went through the legal way of buying it and everything just to do something stupid, im not the bad guy~tony m ;-)

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    its registered to my friend back in michigan i wanted to get it back, she had a problem with me bringing it back in her car and or me having it. even though i have had training, she must think that im gonna get in trouble having it, yeah i went through the legal way of buying it and everything just to do something stupid, im not the bad guy~tony m ;-)

I was unaware Michigan had a gun registration. Another state added to the list of places I'll never live. I hope everything gets sorted out for you. Good luck!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If you picked up the hand gun in Michigan and brought it here to Indiana without going through a FFL you might want to reconsider posting about it here on INGO.

Top Bottom