• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    I would love to know the numbers? I wonder if the powers that be are even looking at the ramifications of any type of restrictions. From the gun, to all of the after market product manufactures, to the ammunition, to the gun shops..... I would think that is a loss of a lot of jobs in an already terrible job market. Then you look at the money that we spend on all of this. This has to have a significant impact on our economy? But I put this in the same category as ObamaCare. he says it's so that everyone has mandatory medical coverage? That's funny, they also you really don't have to have health care, just pay us some type of penalty (tax) and your OK to no not have any of our care. Well, this is the same thing, they are saying that this is to protect our children, but if that's the case why aren't they doing something today, or actually the day after this tragedy? We have thousands of military personnel that are already on our payroll, they could have them "deployed" to every school in the country and actually protect the ones that they say they are trying to protect. But no, they are taking their time trying to put together an AWB that actually does nothing to protect anyone. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of all of this!!! I don't understand why they think they can just disregard the Constitution, like they are bigger then the ones who wrote it.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I was getting ready to ask the same question. What would the economic impact be? More unemployed? How much less tax money? The questions keep coming.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I'm wondering if maybe Indiana SB 0130 is maybe a play to get some manufacturers to relocate here (and bring their jobs from them) from some less gun-friendly states, like Illinois?

Indiana firearms freedom act. Provides that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that: (1) is manufactured commercially or privately in Indiana from basic materials; (2) can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state; and (3) remains within the borders of Indiana; is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce.

Not sure how (3) would play out, but still...I think this sends a signal to manufacturers that they'd be welcomed here.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Companies like LaRue, BCM, etc. will pretty much be put out of business. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was watching Fox news s day or two ago and one of the talking heads was saying the BHO will make some kind of deal with the Arms manufacturers to get them on board. He suggested that places like Wal-mart would be able to profit by closing the "Gunshow Loophole" (which we all know does not exist) But that that when the pass the all sales must have a background check, that places like Wal mart will be able to charge a fee for the BG check. Not sure what they will do for the manufacturers. But I was thinking Sure every one is going to go to Wal-mart when they want to sell Joe down the street a gun from their private collection, that's going to be real easy to enforce. Plus I think the guy was a nut I can't see any retailer doing the BG Checks if they are not profiting from the sale, unless they are allowed to charge and exorbitant fee. Maybe since they cut things out of the defense budget like the latest fighter aircraft they will just buy more M4's? Who knows...Tuesday may be real interesting!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    260k jobs lost, no problem!

It's just simple math.

260,000 new unemployment claims x an average weekly unemployment amount of $400

$104,000,000.00

52 weeks in a year

$5,408,000,000.00

Estimated 80,000,000 gun owners in the US who would like to keep their legal firearm (probably a single shot derringer/.22 rimfire/muzzleloader) pay an annual tax of $67.60 to cover the cost of the unemployment benefits of the 260k who lost their jobs. Now, since it's the .gov and all, they're time is valuable so we have to factor that in so we raise the tax to $500 annually to cover their costs of administration as well. Hey, $500 for the privilege of exercising your rights is worth it right?

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Don't be fooled, they are banking on the loss of jobs. Because in doing so they are creating more folks dependent on the system. Which is exactly what they want!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I was getting ready to ask the same question. What would the economic impact be? More unemployed? How much less tax money? The questions keep coming.

More help from China!
    china-flag-16.gif

And your grandkids get to pay!!

But if it saves one child (not including the unborn) it's worth it.

:rolleyes:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    JMHO, all the above posts, make VALID points. But haven't you all learned, that bho, doesn't care, it is his way, or the hiway ..... :twocents:

I know Of**kwad is a rigid idealog, I'm just stating facts about all the fine people added to the unemployment line.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Don't be fooled, they are banking on the loss of jobs. Because in doing so they are creating more folks dependent on the system. Which is exactly what they want!

I was thinking this yesterday, then I realized that any employee of the gun industry that loses a great job because of this fascist regime will not likely vote democrap.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Economies aren't fixed like this. You can say jobs are lost, but other jobs will take their place. We buy guns - if we don't buy AR's then we buy something else. Those that make something else see increased demand and employ more people.

Those people who made fax machines and VCR's are not sitting at home waiting for the market for those items to return....

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Does anyone really think that Obama worries about Unemployment or creating Jobs ? He has an Agenda and he's sticking to it

Top Bottom