• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    So, here's my first real post, hopefully it's not too dumb of a question, haha.

I recently received my LTCH, and started carrying my P95 in a Fobus holster. The problem I'm running into is that my current belt is kinda puny, and I'm looking to get a better one. Looking around at different websites, I realized that I can easily head to Tandy and make a belt for a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one. So my question is this, what should I be looking for in a good gun belt? Leather thickness, width, etc.

I appreciate the help.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    As said above buy a Daltech Force Bio Belt. Make super to use coupon code "INGO" and save 10% off your order. Best $45 I ever spent. An your supporting a Indiana business.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Depends on the style you want. If you want one that look like a dress belt, go with the Daltech. I have one that I use for work (I teach High School), and I wear it on the weekends with a gun.

On weekdays after school, with jeans, I like the Ares Gear Ranger belt, but I would really like to get their Ageis belt as an all purpose belt.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have the Daltech "Zombie" it was a little cheaper (price not quality) and doesn't look as fancy, which is ok with me. The customer service there is great as well, first one I ordered was too small so I returned it and got an exchange no problem.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I bought the daltech army issue bullbelt. I recommend it. Very comfortable, it's a full 1/4" thick, and it looks nice to.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    The Super BioBelt. Made in Indiana. I've worn mine every day since it arrived, it is my only belt as of this moment. No wear in over three months of day to day use. It looks good as a dress belt as well.

SuperBIO BELT - The Indestructible Belt! - BLACK or BROWN - Daltech Force

I agree with this. Been using mine for a month or two and love it. Carry a kahr iwb in a crossbreed and it's the perfect combo. Also carry my fullsize m&p9 in a kydex holster and it doesn't flinch. Great belt and love the materials used.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have two Crossbreed leather belts (one black and one brown) and they've held up really well for about 3 years now. If one of them bites the dust, I'll probably try the Daltech SuperBio belt - it seems to be getting rave reviews here on the forum.

Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    So, tying all of the responses in to my actual question...

I'd want to make it pretty thick with a good amount of stiffness then, yeah?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So, tying all of the responses in to my actual question...

I'd want to make it pretty thick with a good amount of stiffness then, yeah?
    Yes, you'll want it to support the weight of the gun, and not told over itself. You'd probably be good with about any of the daltech belts, I really like mine, but some don't want leather because it can stretch. Personally, I think they look nice, plain and simple.

Top Bottom