• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    So I put up for sale one of my handguns, since I'm and individual the form of payment was USPS money order. got a bidder and the action ended so contacted the buyer and days later he told me that was not completing the transaction because he wasn't comfortable with the form of payment, I spoke with him on the phone a couple of times and try to accommodate him as much as could but in the end he didn't completed the transaction. second time around the action ended and got a bidder and something similar happened, the bidder couldn't pay the item so I just gave up due to all the hassle and fees. It never happened to me before. I sold items on GB before no issues but twice in row its a bit much.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    There are dome on GB who bid on things just to mess with people and have no intention yo close the deal.
    If he really wanted the item, the payment method shouldn't matter.
    Now, I can understand not being around a Post Office to be able to get a money order, but to offer other options and he wasn't interested tells me he wasn't going to close the deal snyway.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I have paid for GunBroker purchases with money orders before and it does take an element of trust to send those funds off like that. Not like using a card. I have also mailed cash to ingoers for purchases. It's not an easy thing for some people to do with so many forms of electronic payment available. They shouldn't have bid if they weren't comfortable with the payment method.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, those MOs are the hardest to copy because when you cash it they validate its authenticity 100% before they give you the cash. You'll know the minute the waste of skin with a bad attitude saunters back to the counter whether you are going to get your cash or not. So scammers wont even try.

I know because Ive tried to cash one before and their automated system was down. She couldnt verify it so she couldnt give me the cash.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    GB has definitely gone downhill since the new ownership, but the only form of payment I have ever used as a buyer or a seller there is a USPS money order, and I've done a lot of both on there. That said, nothing short of being banned by GB itself is going to prevent idiots from using the site. I think I'm at 100% for non-paying buyers the first time I list an item , but to GB's credit it has always refunded my seller fees. I relist and second or third time is a charm.

Simps are gonna simp.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Not going to name names. I’ve been around here for awhile and in general don’t do much buying or selling. Enjoy reading the banter and gun stuff. All previous experiences have been great. For my own sake, there was little time wasted or energy spent, so my feelings aren’t too hurt.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not going to name names. I’ve been around here for awhile and in general don’t do much buying or selling. Enjoy reading the banter and gun stuff. All previous experiences have been great. For my own sake, there was little time wasted or energy spent, so my feelings aren’t too hurt.
    As you wish. But its not against the rules to be honest so the rest of us can be forewarned and not take a chance on that user ghosting us too.

After all, transparency like that is a HUGE part of why INGO is so awesome for the classifieds.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I’ve never tried to sell on GB but always thought they came down pretty hard on non-paying bidders. Good to know that isn’t the case.

I have had a couple bad experiences as a buyer. The first was a used Model 60 that was advertised as “near mint.” I was in a hurry and took possession without proper inspection (I’ll never make that mistake again). I got home only to find out it wouldn’t cycle properly. I removed the side plate and, sure enough, someone had bubba’d the action and removed the hammer block. I got my money back on the sale price but didn’t recoup shipping or fees, so I was resigned to filing a complaint and leaving a brutal review.

The second was clearly advertised as a S&W PC Model 442 with a stock photo. What I received was a PC Model 442-1 with an internal lock. I refused to take possession and contacted the seller, who refunded every penny and sent a couple boxes of .38 SPL for my trouble. What really irked me was that it was obvious the seller knew the gun wasn’t what they were advertising. He could’ve offered a replacement (the ad showed 10 for sale), or held me to the conditions of the ad in which case I would’ve been responsible for shipping, fees, and taxes. But the second I said “it’s a 442-1” he was offering a full refund and free ammo.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As stated above would be nice who to avoid. There is the good bad and ugly thread where you can post who it is and if they want to try and redeem themselves they can.

Top Bottom