• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    So does anyone think some of the nicer guns being turned in at the various gun buy back programs are going home with some if the LEOs that are manning them? Not that I blame them. I sure beats seeing all those poor defenseless guns destroyed.

Heck I want to start my own local buy back program. I will pay $50 cash, $70 for those evil black rifles, just to get them off the streets and into my collection :):

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It blew me away when I turned on the news and saw people selling their guns at the buy back program. I can kind of understand why they would want to get rid of the older guns, or broken guns. But when I saw beautiful pistols and expensive rifles and shotguns being turned in it just baffled me. If you dont want them, sell them for some serious money. If times are so tough, why are these people dumping their firearms for such low prices. Id have paid double for so many of what was to be destroyed.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    But when I saw beautiful pistols and expensive rifles and shotguns being turned in it just baffled me.

My guess is most people are not the original owners. Maybe a relative died and left them the gun, son or daughter moved into a place that doesn't allow them, or they otherwise came into possession of the gun.

As they are not enthusiasts, they don't know what they're worth.

This is just a guess, I may very well be wrong.

brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yeah I just read an article about the Tuscon buy back program backed by Gabby G. The barrel had a Vespr, lots of nice revolvers and at least a nice lever action in it. The article also mentioned that there were people out buying guns from those that were turning them in. I guess some people that might only have one gun handed down by someone or who have been guilted into giving up their guns by gun hating people would do it. But not me!

securitysix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    A Cincinnati group is doing a buy back next week. They claim they are giving onehundred dollar gift cards to Wal-Mart, Kroger etc. for a functioning fire arm (doubt anyone could tell the difference)
    I might have one or two to trade for a onehundred gift card.
    I also wonder what might happen if a person was to linger about and offer to buy a few outright for cash from the "donors". Might even be able to get a card for a cash price.

MightySanta

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mishawaka
    So does anyone think some of the nicer guns being turned in at the various gun buy back programs are going home with some if the LEOs that are manning them? Not that I blame them. I sure beats seeing all those poor defenseless guns destroyed.

Heck I want to start my own local buy back program. I will pay $50 cash, $70 for those evil black rifles, just to get them off the streets and into my collection :):

But fear not... for every gun "bought back" there's probably at least 1,000 new guns bought else where.

Top Bottom