• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "On December 15, an event in Oakland, California nabbed nearly 400 guns off the street after making use of a $100,000 donation from Keith Stephenson, owner of a local medical marijuana dispensary, according to police spokeswoman Johnna Watson."

According to federal law, this guy is a felon (since the federal government doesn't recognize state drug laws). Hypocrisy anyone?

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    "On December 15, an event in Oakland, California nabbed nearly 400 guns off the street after making use of a $100,000 donation from Keith Stephenson, owner of a local medical marijuana dispensary, according to police spokeswoman Johnna Watson."

According to federal law, this guy is a felon (since the federal government doesn't recognize state drug laws). Hypocrisy anyone?

I noticed that too and was suprised that the guy would admit where the funs came from let alone his name. Hypocritical to say the least.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    as long as they are not using taxpayer $ for the buyback or processing of the weapons i could really care less.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    as long as they are not using taxpayer $ for the buyback or processing of the weapons i could really care less.

I dunno. Almost sounds like money laundering to me. Do you suppose he did NOT take a federal tax deduction for charitable donations on his gift to the PD?

And this 'legal' dealer has $100,000 to throw around? THAT is, well,

http://youtu.be/OHVjs4aobqs

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I dunno. Almost sounds like money laundering to me. Do you suppose he did NOT take a federal tax deduction for charitable donations on his gift to the PD?

And this 'legal' dealer has $100,000 to throw around? THAT is, well,

http://youtu.be/OHVjs4aobqs

My statement was not regarding the ethics of the weed dealer or the tax code. That is another topic altogether. It was merely in regard to buybacks in general. If they are not using my tax $ I couldn't care less.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    I do love the prices being paid:

"Police say they are offering $75 for rifles, up to $200 for handguns and potentially as much as $400 for assault-style rifles."

Cherrythief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    They're doing the same thing in Gary, they're paying with Wal-mart gift cards...$100 for rifles I think, lol.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    They're doing the same thing in Gary, they're paying with Wal-mart gift cards...$100 for rifles I think, lol.

Gee, I wonder if I could go to Gary, sell them a junk gun that won't work and use my walmart card to buy another gun? I am sure this can't happen because the card has restrictions...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    My statement was not regarding the ethics of the weed dealer or the tax code. That is another topic altogether. It was merely in regard to buybacks in general. If they are not using my tax $ I couldn't care less.

Not commenting on your position at all.

Just amused that a 'dispensary' has that much to throw around, and that he'll probably get a tax break. For what is still illegal in many jurisdictions.

I'm sure most Indiana dealers would be happy to be in the same position. :):

Top Bottom