• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compromise on 10 round rifle mags for national permit and no GFZ?

• Total voters

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe instead of running up to offer to a compromise we should delay knee-jerk legislation as long as possible to wait until the emotion settles a bit. Nothing we do now in a panic will likely prevent mass murders from murdering. All we'll likely do is bargain away rights to appease the anti's riding their emotional wave of support.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Atta boy

I'm kind of shocked at the unwillingness to find a compromise. Maybe the things I am listing are not as valuable to others.

C'mon guys, we need to get something GOOD in return if we get a 10 round limit on rifle mags, which is almost guaranteed. What would you trade your 30 round mags for? Full auto pistols? Sawed off shotguns? Those things don't seem necessary or practical to me, but what floats your boat? Come up with something GOOD.

+1

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Compromise? The answer isn't no but Hell no!

Compromising away that which is not negotiable is the reason why we are in the mess we are in, and not just with guns.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How many 10 round magazines can a lunatic carry? How many tenths of a second are required to reload? How meaningless is a 10 round magazine ban?

Most people with a modicum of training and practice can probably reload a semi auto pistol in less than a second.

They will just push for laws like in California where the gun is required to be modified such that it takes two men, a boy, and a chimpanzee working in choreographed harmony to change a magazine.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm kind of shocked at the unwillingness to find a compromise. Maybe the things I am listing are not as valuable to others.

C'mon guys, we need to get something GOOD in return if we get a 10 round limit on rifle mags, which is almost guaranteed. What would you trade your 30 round mags for? Full auto pistols? Sawed off shotguns? Those things don't seem necessary or practical to me, but what floats your boat? Come up with something GOOD.

This type of compromise is analogous to offering a compromise on the First Amendment in which we can either say whatever we like at home with the doors and windows shut but must remain silent outside or else we can speak anywhere but have to say only nice things about Obama, even at home.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The new AWB will be worse than it was before. After this last massacre, even moderates are going to be questioning gun rights. Feinstein will want to not only ban sales on AW she wants to prevent grandfathering. This is gonna be the big gun grab effort. Where are the guys who were on here earlier this year saying obama wasnt a threat to guns like Romney was. I guess now is the time to say it. I told you so.

Rep to you. I wondered about those who thought Obama would leave us alone. He was on record prior to 2008 as saying we should not be able to own firearms.

Scottiedog422

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Tippecanoe, Indiana
    Gonna be a rough time for gun owners. Lots of emotions right now. Unfortunately the press and president don't want to look at the underlying causes. Mostly the decay of our moral fabric as a nation. Everyone wants to legalize drugs, state paid abortion, and all the fun stuff that leads us down the road of moral deprivity.....

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seriously...a magazine is a simple metal or plastic box with a spring & a follower...there are already millions of them in existence. What real effect would such a limitation have? It only serves to make ignorant people feel better & restrict my ability to defend myself. That's it.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    You show me one time there was comprimise on the part of congrees or washington when it came to "gun control" There have been targets on the backs of people who wish not to be ruled unfairly for ages. Comprimise, there is no such thing. there are victors and there are not!

No such thing as compromise? You must not be married.

You are correct; without compromise, there will be a winner and a loser. Without compromise, guess which side we will be on.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    ACCCCKKKKKK

Wake up people!!!! Ask the UK gun owners how well compromise worked! I am sickened by what happened in Conn. but what I find even more sickening is those who seek to use this tragedy to strip our rights.

This is the time we should be mobilizing to urge our "representatives" in government to strike down useless laws that only protect the criminal, and further promote mass murders!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

This could be a chance to trade nickels for dollars if we are smart about it. Digging in our heels or doing nothing will just get us screwed.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I won't compromise one inch. Gun control is never an option. If we give in then people accept more gun control to become a "solution" after the high profile shooting

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I am willing to compromise, I will agree to outright banning every single firearm. However, upon passing of such a bill, I am immediately appointed as president of the United States for life and also I can hand pick every single legislator in both the federal government and state government and USSC Justices. Then I would appoint my people, reverse the ban 5 mins. later, deport 90% of liberals and also kick New York and California out of my new United States. You are right there is always room for compromise.

In all reality, no there is no need for compromise nor gun control. Gun control does not work. All it does is keeps law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Drugs are illegal and thus controlled, but most people could get almost any drug within 24 hours if they wanted to. Once again "drug control" only prevents law abiding citizens from using drugs. Personal I think society and games like Call of Duty, where you run around shooting live people, are more responsible for mass shootings than the availability of a 30 round mag. Although I hope it never happens, if another mass killing occurs, I hope they use a crossbow just to show the media and stupid gun control is. If someone wants to kill lots of people they will, period.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    The main issue with all of this is the fact that we in the US dont do **** when it comes to helping the mentally ill before they get to this point. We are more willing to lock them up in jail, but only after they do something wrong. People with mental illnesses need our help.... and "hell no" should the govt be in charge. We have the facilities, they are just understaffed and no where near in enough locations. This has nothing to do with guns.

Side note, Schwaky, there have been multiple studies done with violence in video games and movies and none.... none of them were able to link that to violence. Heck the study i did found that people would get aggressive/upset (not necessary violent) while playing non-violent games (guitar hero, etc) and violent games, but due to failing at a goal, not the violence. Play a violent game on the easiest setting, then play it on the hardest setting with the goal of completing the goals in the game and see the difference in your emotions. Same goes for games like guitar hero. Ive seen ppl get upset due to difficulty and failing at the goal in guitar hero then there should be if it was based on violence.

Sorry for the side rant. Either way.... main problems here;
    1. what this country does (doesnt do) with our mentally ill
    2. communities arent what they used to be regarding morals and helping eachother

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...You are correct; without compromise, there will be a winner and a loser. Without compromise, guess which side we will be on.

This could be a chance to trade nickels for dollars if we are smart about it. Digging in our heels or doing nothing will just get us screwed.

I sincerely hope you wrote that in jest. If you really believe that, you are seriously confused about a Constitutional Republic.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Oh and btw...

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” -Ben Franklin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Would you stand for legalizing rape if in trade constitutional carry was enacted across all states?

I would not... because even though we should already be permitted to carry anywhere we choose to without a pink piece of paper, it is still a horrible trade.

We already have an amendment to our constitution that clearly states that the government shall not infringe upon our right to bear arms. When an amendment in one of our most sacred documents is ignored by legislators, what makes you believe that any "compromise" that could be reached would be upheld in the future?

Hint: We already have the right to bear arms and carry whatever we want, wherever we choose....

Permitting our government to infringe upon our rights, and setting in motion a system that will continue to infringe upon the rights of our descendents is a bad course of action, no matter how many times we tell ourselves "well, they would agree to stop infringing in this other instance".

Top Bottom