• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I am looking for a classic gun curio. I am wanting something that is a nice wood design with felt padding, possibly lighted for display purposes. It needs to be secure enough to keep kids and random house guests out - I'm not worried about thieves or Id be after a safe. I mean, obviously thieves worry me but I invested in home security for that. If they are in my house I have already lost the game. Anyway. I just want a nice gun curio that will securely hold and display some long guns and hand guns and look good doing it. Preferably without costing thousands of dollars.

So what do you have? Pics, recs, all good.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My wife got me a nice one for Christmas one year but never used it for guns. They display your collection nice but just never thought that they would be too secure behind that thin sheet of glass. Now if you have a walk-in safe to put the curio in, then I'd say go for it! :)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I got a cheaper 5 gun stand up display case from Rural King a few years ago. Not the highest quality, a lot of it is that pressed particel board stuff.

Yes, it is a shame you can't be proud of anything anymore due to thieves.

fireman585

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I know some of the amish communities up north have some very nice gun cabinets . These are good quality made with hard woods . Most of the furniture shops have them .

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    picture.php

I buit this one and used it ,til, I got my safe.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Thanks for the input fellas. I know a safe is far more practical and probably smartest in the long run, but I have a showy side and have always loved the look of a nice gun cabinet with some classic metal inside. Maybe one of these days that transparent metal stuff will become a reality and I can have my cake and eat it too!

djenks11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I know you said no safe but in the times were in I would want mins as secure as i can. I would go with the gun safe. you just never know

Top Bottom