• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are mistaken if you think you have a Right to Bear Arms, you have a permission slip granting you that privilege from the State.

I wouldn't have cared if the guy had an LTCH or not so long as he wasn't breaking any other laws that were harming someone or something. Also, you would have no proof whatsoever on whether he had an LTCH or not.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I don't think anyone should be required to carry a permission slip to carry. He didn't pose a threat to me, my friends, my family, or anyone there. None of my business, not my problem.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Kind of all depends on if you actually support 2nd Amendment protected rights or just like being an elitist with a license.

And for those of you who love the "it's the law" stance:

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual

- Jefferson

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I understand the thought process, and the concern is valid, but unless I could 100% verify that he was committing a crime I would personally not call the police.

He might have been an idiot, but it could have also been his poor attempt at humor.

It is a tough call with what took place, but at the end of the day it is not my place to take the next step of demanding, inspecting, and verifying a random person's LTCH at a gas station.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This thread is full of fail.

I am shocked that anyone would call this in at all. This is no differant than the sheeple calling in a MWAG call just because they see somoene open carrying.

I am ashamed of a few members on this board now.

:+1:

Anyone who would call in someone carrying a gun without any other issues they see, EVEN IF he might not have a LTCH is simply feeding at the government trough.

You let the government decide who gets to exercise their rights instead of standing up for their God given Natural right like we all should.

This guy would simply be a court case away from freeing us ALL from this ridiculous permission slip program we have now. Think about THAT next time you want government rules to make you feel warm and cozy. :noway:

Last edited:

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    :+1:

Anyone who would call in someone carrying a gun without any other issues they see, EVEN IF he might not have a LTCH is simply feeding at the government trough.

You let the government decide who gets to exercise their rights instead of standing up for their God given Natural right like we all should.

This guy would simply be a court case away from freeing us ALL from this rediculous permission slip program we have now. Think about THAT next time you want government rules to make you feel warm and cozy. :noway:

Neeeeed....morrrreee....reppp.........*collapses*

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Funny how so many people here don't actually support the second amendment...

I don't think it's funny at ALL. I have been arguing with ignorant liberals all day and I thought I would get some refreshment when I cam to INGO but then I had to stumble on this little gem.

It makes me want to puke when I see "freedom and liberty loving" INGOers saying they would call the cops on a guy with a gun not harming ANYONE.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    LEOs are law enforcers. We are citizens, not junior deputies.

It seems a refresher on that might be appropriate for some folks.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think it's funny at ALL. I have been arguing with ignorant liberals all day and I thought I would get some refreshment when I cam to INGO but then I had to stumble on this little gem.

It makes me want to puke when I see "freedom and liberty loving" INGOers saying they would call the cops on a guy with a gun not harming ANYONE.

I understand not wanting to be a "rat" or not being "that guy", I wouldn't be him either, but I am curious. You see any problem with a guy carrying a pistol w/o a LTCH? Maybe it's a political statement and I can appreciate that, won't keep me from getting arrested. OR, he does not realize in Indiana you need one? If he is not smart enough to KNOW he needs a LTCH in Indiana, he's a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed. If you are too lazy to get a LTCH in Indiana, I won't shed a tear when you get jammed up. Indiana is about as easy as it gets.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    He might not have needed a LTCH, under the current law , if the property owner knew him & allowed him to carry on that property..

"(2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    "

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I missed the part of this thread where either the guy said he didn't have his LTCH or where it was determined that he didn't. Can I get a link?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I understand not wanting to be a "rat" or not being "that guy", I wouldn't be him either, but I am curious. You see any problem with a guy carrying a pistol w/o a LTCH? Maybe it's a political statement and I can appreciate that, won't keep me from getting arrested. OR, he does not realize in Indiana you need one? If he is not smart enough to KNOW he needs a LTCH in Indiana, he's a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed. If you are too lazy to get a LTCH in Indiana, I won't shed a tear when you get jammed up. Indiana is about as easy as it gets.

Ok, I'll clarify a little:

I believe it is an individual, adult choice. If he knowingly carries without a LTCH for whatever reason then fine. It's HIS choice.

If he is simply ignorant I would absolutely tell him and even HELP him get the stupid license to be legal. Paying a tax and exercising a right within the law can get you into enough "trouble" and make you fight the powers that be enough without having to prepare a defense in the face of prosecution for exercising those rights.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    If he is not smart enough to KNOW he needs a LTCH in Indiana, he's a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed. If you are too lazy to get a LTCH in Indiana, I won't shed a tear when you get jammed up. Indiana is about as easy as it gets.

Not carrying a slip of pink paper makes you a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed? You'll have to fill me in on that one...

And sure, Indiana is about as easy as it gets, other than places that don't require a permission slip at all and still turn out safer than us. (Vermont, for instance)

Top Bottom