Gun flippers in the INGO Classifieds....Grrrr!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I personally despise this practice. I've always sold guns for a fair price and think that this site manages itself very well. I've even sold guns for a lower price because I've found a great deal on them and like to pass that on to other INGO members. I'm a big believer in karma and generally helping other INGO members as we seem to be a smaller and more tight knit group than other forums. While I've never met most of you, I feel I have more in common with someone here just based on basic principals. I really hope gun flipping gets curbed here and I hope it gets openly reported with a link or proof when it does. I know for a fact if I know someone is doing it, I'll avoid doing future business with that person. Those people need to deal on armslist or gunbroker. Just my two cents, but it really grinds my gears as well.

I also think if you are flipping guns on an open forum for financial gain, you better be concerned about not having a FFL and "profiting from the sale of firearms". That slippery slope is enough for me to never consider going down that road.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You think that's bad? I work at a job. I get paid x amount of dollars per hour. When I get my check the math doesn't add up. The government has been dipping into MY earnings. Turns out that they take money from working people and just give it away to people who don't want to work. What's up with that?

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Well I can put in writing,I would NOT flip a gun from INGO member as long as you don't sell me junk gun.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I personally despise this practice. I've always sold guns for a fair price and think that this site manages itself very well. I've even sold guns for a lower price because I've found a great deal on them and like to pass that on to other INGO members. I'm a big believer in karma and generally helping other INGO members as we seem to be a smaller and more tight knit group than other forums. While I've never met most of you, I feel I have more in common with someone here just based on basic principals. I really hope gun flipping gets curbed here and I hope it gets openly reported with a link or proof when it does. I know for a fact if I know someone is doing it, I'll avoid doing future business with that person. Those people need to deal on armslist or gunbroker. Just my two cents, but it really grinds my gears as well.

I also think if you are flipping guns on an open forum for financial gain, you better be concerned about not having a FFL and "profiting from the sale of firearms". That slippery slope is enough for me to never consider going down that road.

This.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think I deserved higher scores considering how many folks thought it was a seroius thread...

Who Do I go to to challenge the scoring? :dunno:

0/5 Spoof threads go in the break room, that's why everyone thought you were serious and didn't realize it was a spoof. Part of the funny part about a spoof is people getting all worked up not realizing they are posting in the break room. Even knowing that I still get worked up on spoof threads often because I forget to look what forum its in while searching "new posts"

So in a way your thread is actual a

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    0/5 Spoof threads go in the break room, that's why everyone thought you were serious and didn't realize it was a spoof. Part of the funny part about a spoof is people getting all worked up not realizing they are posting in the break room. Even knowing that I still get worked up on spoof threads often because I forget to look what forum its in while searching "new posts"

So in a way your thread is actual a

I don't know if I've EVER seen a spoof thread in the break room.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    So I sold a gun in the classifieds a few weeks ago to a member on here. I was snooping Armslist the other day to see what I could spend my newly acquired loot on and what do I see! The same dang gun I sold to a member here going for 400 more than I sold it for! I mean for cripes sake....if you can't trust an INGOer who can you trust!!

To add insult to injury, I saw that same gun up AGAIN on there for 200 more than what it was listed for before by a different seller?

Scam? I dunno...but I feel violated.

I think that the best way for you to avoid this in the future is first sell the gun at actual market value. That way you make more, and there's no meat left on the bone for a potential gun flipper. It's not the fault of the enterprising buyer that you were a sucker who sold it way below market value.

EDIT: I realize now after reading it that this thread was a joke, but I think the above point still stands regardless.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    b9vfl4b63pi64eg8gnOjSDxfo1_500.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I don't know if I've EVER seen a spoof thread in the break room.

Its a spoof thread, IE not a serious thread, therefore the breakroom is where it belongs. That's supposed to be the point. people are not supposed to think you are serious... its comedic relief from a thread where someone is be a bit outrageous.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    As wrong as it may seem that someone would buy something on here to turn a profit it does happen. The only time I see it being even remotely wrong is if they take the time to get you to come down on your price or misrepresent why they are buying it.

Other than the fact that it's illegal. Or is your point as serious as the op? Too hard to know without purple!

Top Bottom