• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmer2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    North Liberty
    One gun dealer suggested to me that I get my wife a Taurus Judge with .410 loaded in it. Just point and click!. I dont know if i would even carry that!. Thats one for under the matress. IMOP

Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    My first suggestion would be a 'J' frame smith. But, I can understand they can be a little wide. I like the Ruger lcp .380. small, light, and easy for a woman too hide and get there hands around.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    My niece's fiance is looking at a gun for her and after he gets her up to speed with LCTH, range time and training he & she are considering a wheel gun in .327 magnum. I am not familar with this round or in particular the Ruger SP101 chambered for it. Anybody out there have any input on that other than those that are against wheelguns for ladies.

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    My wife never wanted to look at a handgun not to mention handle one but after much convincing I was able to get her to learn with my old ruger MK II she loved it. now she carries a ruger sp101 and still loves to get the .22 out an go plinking

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    My wife has fired this with the .357 magnum load and it gives a pretty good kick. It'll also take .38 or +P. It's also the lightest at 11.4 oz. empty.

S&W 340PD AirLite

340PD20_2035720Mag20AirLite.jpg

Another option for her would be the Rohrbaugh R9s. It's the smallest 9mm on the market. Here it is next to my 340PD.

340PDR9s.jpg

BigD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indy Geist Area
    I would start her with a Walther P22. If she knows how to shoot properly, its probably going to deter any burglars. Its fits in a woman's smaller hands and is small enough to shoot comfortably. That's what I'm getting for my wife.

Top Bottom