• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I can't speak for all military bases, but I've worked at NSWC Crane since January 1985 and it's been a gun free zone here at least that long. Civilians and military have not been permitted firearms for personal protection since before 1985. Can't speak to when it happened at Crane, but it was before Clinton.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ahh yes the Clintons.
    They have a VERY LONG list of questionable deaths surrounding them.
    THE CLINTON BODY-COUNT
    Clinton Body Count-Clinton friends who've ended up dead-Truth! and Fiction!
    But that's just a little part of the big picture.
    Bill Clinton is seen as 'the President Who didn't get us into war'.
    Personally I'd say that he started the Gun Debate WAR. A War on our Rights and Freedoms.
    Once you see the Gun Free Zone as the 'shooting gallery' you start to see the AWB as being the same.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    OK, so we all know more than we want to know about draft dodger Clinton. What I wonder is why didn't Bush, on his first day in office, reverse this rule?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ahh yes the Clintons.
    THE CLINTON BODY-COUNT
    Personally I'd say that he started the Gun Debate WAR. A War on our Rights and Freedoms.
    Once you see the Gun Free Zone as the 'shooting gallery' you start to see the AWB as being the same.

OMG... I started at the top and attempted to read through this and about 10 bodies into, I decided to scroll to see how many they were and was like "Oh ****"... "TLDR"

I'm 32yo and only know like 3 people that have died... only 1 close to me and most of my friends/x-friends live "high-risk" lifestyles. This list is just insane....

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ahh yes the Clintons.
    THE CLINTON BODY-COUNT

I'd like to add one to the list....

Barbara Olson - Died 9/11/2001... plane "supposedly" crashed into Pentagon

Olson became chief investigative counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and wrote a book about then First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton (1999). Olson's second book, The Final Days: The Last, Desperate Abuses of Power by the Clinton White House was published posthumously.

Barbara Olson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    At Fort Campbell in 1965 we carried unloaded M16's on guard duty. I occasionally was required to be a payroll guard, back they the Army paid in cash. Myself and the Paymaster usually a leutenant would be issued a jeep and each of us got a 1911 from the armory. WE were given 2 cartridges each and advised the first was for the bad guys who might try to steel the payroll and the second for ourselves in case we missed with the first.
    Conclusion: the Army has always been screwed up about trusting soldiers who were trained by them with the firearms they were trained to use.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    OK, so we all know more than we want to know about draft dodger Clinton. What I wonder is why didn't Bush, on his first day in office, reverse this rule?

Possibly because it was never brought to his attention. Probably because the military tradition of personal responsibility, integrity and honor has been trashed as the military has become "civilianized." My personal speculation is that that came about as a direct result of Vietnam and the problems that arose out of the mismanagement of that conflict, but it might have occurred either earlier or later; certainly the seeds were in place in 1974 when "Volar" (the New All-volunteer Army) evolved from the draft-era Army.

Officers and NCOs in most units have become more "managers" and less "leaders" although continuous lip service is paid to "military leadership" and lawyers have become an integral part of major command operations. It is no longer assumed that the individual soldier is responsible enough to be trusted with weapons and live ammunition except under strictly controlled circumstances, and this has been the case in the States - to my personal knowledge - since 1975. Even though that was true, military personnel were allowed to have personal weapons, although they had to either be kept off-base or stored in the unit arms room. The Chain-of-Command is much more interested in keeping young soldiers from shooting each other in a drunken rage than in the possibility that they may have to defend themselves against sudden assault on-base. And if you judge by how often such attacks have been carried through, from a liability viewpoint (and a career advancement viewpoint - you can see the lawyer's hands in all of this) they are correct. Bad luck to responsible servicemembers, and bad luck to those caught in such assaults.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    At Fort Campbell in 1965 we carried unloaded M16's on guard duty. I occasionally was required to be a payroll guard, back they the Army paid in cash. Myself and the Paymaster usually a leutenant would be issued a jeep and each of us got a 1911 from the armory. WE were given 2 cartridges each and advised the first was for the bad guys who might try to steel the payroll and the second for ourselves in case we missed with the first.
    Conclusion: the Army has always been screwed up about trusting soldiers who were trained by them with the firearms they were trained to use.

The only time I had to transport a payroll at Ft. Bragg, while I was on Active Duty, the payroll guard had a full magazine for his M-16 (I know because we had an engine failure and we had to account for the ammo when we recovered the rifle).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good question. I never got the feeling that Bush was all that firearm friendly either. Daddy Bush tore up his own Lifetime NRA membership.

Absolutely. Also noteworthy is that Bush Sr. did not have any NRA membership until he tried acting (poorly) conservative prior to the 1988 election and bought a lifetime membership in the effort to suggest that he has been a member since Patton was a mess cook, and he also engineered the AR-15 (at least the genuine Colt) being made unavailable for public sales in exchange for a .gov contract (on which he reneged).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'd like to add one to the list....

Barbara Olson - Died 9/11/2001... plane "supposedly" crashed into Pentagon
    Olson became chief investigative counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and wrote a book about then First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton (1999). Olson's second book, The Final Days: The Last, Desperate Abuses of Power by the Clinton White House was published posthumously.

Barbara Olson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since she called her husband from the plane before it hit, I think you can delete the "supposedly."

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    My Father and Grandfather carried if they wanted, according to them, but that was pre 1970 as well, and the farthest thing in their mind was one of their own turning on them, so no one really did, and ammo was rationed as well. In 1993 when Clinton came about they made it mandatory. Why? I have no idea. Lack of trust? Possibly. "Anyone who wants to take away my guns is guilty of something for which they deserve to be shot."
    BTW
    Since she called her husband from the plane before it hit, I think you can delete the "supposedly."
    Pentagon Plane 9/11: The only plane to disintegrate upon impact ever in the history of the world. AND! You'll love this one. Does anyone recall the Iraq War Misappropriations 6 Billion, or 12 billion, or 23billion dollars (whomever you listen to) Correction... 2.3 Trillion? Supposedly they were doing an investigation into that, and all of the evidence was right where the 'plane' impacted into the Pentagon, thereby losing all of t needed evidence in order to bring those responsible to justice.
    WTC on 9/11: Only three times in History has a building fallen into it's own footprint without demolitions, and all three happened on that day.
    ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS FOR 911 TRUTH (full unreleased version) - YouTube
    Ben Swann Reality Check: More Americans "Rethinking" 9/11? - YouTube

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Supposedly, there was amazing cell phone clarity at 30,000 ft on that day.... some 12+ years ago.

I remember the first cell phone I bought in 2002. It sucked donkey balls on a road trip because it dropped calls constantly anytime I was moving.

Top Bottom