• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I suppose this is a good reason to use a holster, or maybe it is a commentary on the quality of food at Carl's Jr? :popcorn:

Man Accidentally Shoots Toilet After Gun in His Pants Goes Off
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479927,00.html

CENTERVILLE, Utah — The man escaped with a few cuts to his arm, but the toilet made out much worse.
    Police say a man's gun fell out of its holster while he pulled up his pants after using the bathroom at a Carl's Jr. restaurant Tuesday. The gun fired when it hit the floor and shattered the commode.

A few shards of porcelain cut the man's arm, and a woman in an adjacent restroom who was frightened by the noise reported she was having chest pain. Both people were checked at the scene and released.

Police say they confiscated the 26-year-old man's firearm while they review the incident. The man had a concealed weapons permit. No charges are being filed.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Saw this on Glocktalk this afternoon. The picture of the toilet is pretty funny :D

And it was a Kahr 40 in case anyone's wondering.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I must admit that I always get a little nervous using the facilities when I'm carrying. As soon as my belt is unbuckled, the gun/holster wants to take a screamer. I'm always very careful, but it does make me a little nervous.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And it was a Kahr 40 in case anyone's wondering.
    So can we take it from this story that a Kahr can't pass a simple "drop test"? Didn't Ruger just recall both their SR9 and their LCP for the same problem? Why didn't Kahr recall their guns?

OR, is there more to the story like the guy actually grabbed the gun and, in doing so, pulled the trigger while trying to prevent the drop?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So can we take it from this story that a Kahr can't pass a simple "drop test"? Didn't Ruger just recall both their SR9 and their LCP for the same problem? Why didn't Kahr recall their guns?

OR, is there more to the story like the guy actually grabbed the gun and, in doing so, pulled the trigger while trying to prevent the drop?

Yeah, there's speculation that he's not telling the whole story. I think he's lucky he didn't die. Even if the bullet missed, if he was sitting on that toilet...stuff's sharper than razors :n00b:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Newsvine - Gun goes off in Utah restroom, shatters toilet

e7dc3625-194f-4e8c-bc07-160fe236ebb7.jpg

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    :eek:

Conflicting Reports on whether Kahrs can pass the drop test (Yes, No), so I, too, wonder if this was a drop/grab/bang like Plaxico Burgess. If so, the moral of the story is don't grab your gun if it falls. Of course, squashing the grab instinct fast enough is probably really tough to do....

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    good time to check your holsters.. does your gun fall out of holster if it is turned over? if so consider a new holster...

even with no thumb break a good holster should hold onto the gun when you drop your pants...

Top Bottom