• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I was under the impression that Federal Peaceable Journey laws would overrule that, as long as the gun and mag were separate and I didn't stop within the People's Republic during my trip.

I lived there about 10 years ago and at that time it was a bad idea to have a loaded magazine, or even bullets in the same case as the gun. If something has been changed since then, I apologize for the bad info.
    I do not want to see anyone have a problem because of something that could have been avoided. We already have a long, uphill battle defending our rights.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    First off.... this is kind of a two topic thread.

Because number one you people that put your NRA stickers and the like on your car arent you worried it will be targeted?

Which brings me to my next topic... what do you guys use to secure your guns in your vehicle? I am considering some sort of small safe not sure what one to go with though.

Is it illegal to have a loaded gun in a safe in these unfriendly gun states also?

1. I have NRA stickers on my cars for the last 10 years. I have never had any issues. I have to go into some rather uncivil neighborhoods occasionally and I think it has helped some. I am expected to be carrying.

2. I do not feel comfortable leaving my gun in my vehicle, locked or otherwise. So I won't. And I will abide by the carry laws in the state that I am in.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In Illinois it is illegal to have a loaded magazine in your car. Even if you do not have a gun with you.

We've got several "dittos" on this, but can anyone give a code citation? I know this holds true in Ohio, but I wasn't away this is true in Illinois. In fact, there's case law from the IL supreme court confirming the LTCH is as good as an FOID when it comes to firearms in vehicles.

The best I can find is this; and it doesn't mention magazines.
    except that this subsection (a) (4) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
    (i) are broken down in a non-functioning state; or
    (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
    (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,
    firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card;
    According to that, if your firearm is not immediately accessible it doesn't even need to be unloaded.

PS - as to the question about targeting NRA stickered vehicles - I'd think there's far more inviting targets. Besides, NRA sticker means armed owner.

prepgal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Bloomington
    Although I am proud of my hobbies, I don't put the stickers on my car either. Not NRA, GPAA or Garmen. No since advertising there may be a gun, gold or metal detector in there.

lrhochgesang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Jasper, IN
    Check out www.factory-express.com.....I got an awesome deal on a GunVault Nano vault NV300 with combination lock and comes with a steel security cable. Wrap cable around seat frame and store handgun under seat when not in a carry-friendly environment.

Definitely check out ^said website for any and all safes and cases, a lot cheaper than most retail places and shipping is usually free or fairly cheap.

Happy Trails!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I support the NRA, I'm a life member, but I don't like bumper stickers or decals on my own vehicles. I just like the way the vehicle looks better without all that noise interference. In the past I have asked the dealer to remove his dealer decals from my new car before taking delivery. However, I sometimes get a kick out of other folks' bumper stickers, like the one that inspired my signature pic below. :)

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Like many others here I do not put any stickers on my vehicle. As for storage of a gun, I bought a lock box that mounts under the driver seat of my Wrangler. It actually uses the seat post to bolt it down, so would take a while to get it out if it was even seen, it is made by Bestop and cost $60. Very inconspicuous but also very durable. As I don't lock my Jeep ( no sense since they can just cut my roof) it is perfect to store items such as a gun or 2, cell phones etc.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Its like people posting what they own on Facebook and potentially allowing some one on their list to find where they live break in and steal their guns. I try my best not to be so conspicuous through my conceal carry garb or my affiliation with certain groups on my vehicle, besides the Corps. You want to make yourself a hard target so if something were to happen they least expect you to do something.

Top Bottom