• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ikuh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a gun inventory software where I can manage all my stuff (ammo, firearms, accessories ...).

At the moment I'm testing Gunmanager (www.gunmanager.com) - looks very promising and also has a range log and tons of reports/statistics.

Is anyone using that program can tell me if it's worth buying ? (I’m using the free edition at the moment)

Any other recommendations ?

ikuh

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    For the iPhone users, I use this app: Gun ToolBox.

Application Main Features:

• Add all your guns information and photos (up to 3 photos).
    • Add all your ammunition information and photos (up to 3 photos).
    • Set Maintenance Alarms for each of your guns, based on the ammunition fired through each gun.
    • Keep track of the amount of ammunition fired through each gun ('Odometer' feature).
    • A Maintenance alert and icon will appear next to your gun, once your maintenance interval has been reached.
    • Once Maintenance if performed, press maintenance icon and the alarm interval will reset.
    • Keep track of your ammunition inventory. Ammunition inventory is updated, every time you record firing your gun.
    • Add more ammunition to inventory through a quick add window.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Excel has done a nice job for me. It's not an automated database, but I have the info I want where I want. Other programs I've tried just made me want to write my own database.... and I have too many other projects on my plate as it is. :)

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Microsoft Access database. My fields, my info, set up my way. But then again, I am mostly looking for model and serial # to be recorded for insurance more than anything else.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany

• Set Maintenance Alarms for each of your guns, based on the ammunition fired through each gun.
    • Keep track of the amount of ammunition fired through each gun ('Odometer' feature).
    • A Maintenance alert and icon will appear next to your gun, once your maintenance interval has been reached.
    • Once Maintenance if performed, press maintenance icon and the alarm interval will reset.
    • Keep track of your ammunition inventory. Ammunition inventory is updated, every time you record firing your gun.

Just lurking on through and seen this. Thanks for posting. Gonna start using this, myself. I've got my more than I have my computer so this really works out :)

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

About the last place I would want to have such info would be on a smart phone.

Some aniti gunners would love to have access to such information.... I'm just sayin'

ikuh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hey guys,

thanks for all your help and recommendations.
    Bought the full version of gunmanager yesterday and am very happy with the program so far - discovered new stuff every time I used it so far.

ikuh

Last edited:

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I wouldn't want it on my hard drive. Computers crash or get stolen and then that info is missing.

I just did a simple excel spreadsheet that I keep in google docs in the cloud. I can access or update the information from any web connected device.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't want it on my hard drive. Computers crash or get stolen and then that info is missing.

I just did a simple excel spreadsheet that I keep in google docs in the cloud. I can access or update the information from any web connected device.

There's a neat thing called "backup"...

Of course, other will tell you how the BATFE mines Google docs for firearm data. :tinfoil:

I use NM Collector since it provides me with A&D reports required if you have a FLL03.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    There's a neat thing called "backup"...

Of course, other will tell you how the BATFE mines Google docs for firearm data. :tinfoil:

I use NM Collector since it provides me with A&D reports required if you have a FLL03.

Valid points my friend. But I would wager the vast majority don't backup on a regular basis. I speak of that which I know. :(

Wolfrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Valid points my friend. But I would wager the vast majority don't backup on a regular basis. I speak of that which I know. :(

One of the reasons I included multiple automatic backups, including behind the scenes DropBox integration, in MyGunDB :D

Top Bottom