• FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Getting roasted here. I will back off.:):

We all get it at some point, don't sweat it. :welcome: :bat:
    You'll be dishing it out at some point yourself. In fact I'm feeling a little bit more of it welling up within, brace yourself...

False alarm, just gas. At least you didn't create an OC vs CC post. You think you're getting roasted here... :flamethrower:

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In fairness to the OP, if one only looks at results during the current regime...
    didn't we ban the importation of some 5.45 ammo because it might be considered "armor piercing?
    didn't we ban the importation of Russian arms, parts, etc?
    didn't we block the reimportation of M1 Garands?

So I have little doubt that Barry will do his best...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    He also blocked the re-importation of M2 Carbines. I'm sure if he could implement the U.N. firearms treaty all on his own he would.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He also blocked the re-importation of M2 Carbines. I'm sure if he could implement the U.N. firearms treaty all on his own he would.

I was going to put my thoughts on that (UN firearms treaty) in the post but didn't. Since you brought it up....

We know that BHO said recently he was going to sign the global warming treaty and will seek to enforce it through shaming and whatever other means he can use, knowing the Senate will NOT ratify the treaty.

So why wouldn't he do the same with the Global Small Arms Treaty?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Or get into a thread on cartridge/rifle recommendations and say anything at all disparaging (even as a joke) about little black rifles and varmint rounds being used for warfare...especially if you have fewer than 50 posts. The insults were actually amusing in a sad sort of way...as if all life experiences only happen after 50 posts.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Hmmm... It seems to me that an awful lot of people who claim to support the 2nd Amendment are in favor of LTCH, which is clearly a constitutional problem! Also in the forums I see a lot of people taking the "enforce the laws already on the books" approach, which is also unconstitutional.

I understand we've all been trained to relate the problems of drugs, mental illness, theft, murder and so on with gun ownership. It's hard not to, given the daily media and "education" system drumbeat.

But I'd think that more people would see that, just as any laws and assumed powers to license the press, or speech, or religion are constitutional violations, so too are impairments/limitations/caveats/registrations on gun ownership.

Am I the one seeing this all wrong?

The reason I'm bringing this up here is that it seems that even in this thread there's an underlying assumption that the government has legal authority to make laws about guns, when that authority has been specifically denied in both state and federal constitutions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmm... It seems to me that an awful lot of people who claim to support the 2nd Amendment are in favor of LTCH, which is clearly a constitutional problem! Also in the forums I see a lot of people taking the "enforce the laws already on the books" approach, which is also unconstitutional.

I understand we've all been trained to relate the problems of drugs, mental illness, theft, murder and so on with gun ownership. It's hard not to, given the daily media and "education" system drumbeat.

But I'd think that more people would see that, just as any laws and assumed powers to license the press, or speech, or religion are constitutional violations, so too are impairments/limitations/caveats/registrations on gun ownership.

Am I the one seeing this all wrong?

The reason I'm bringing this up here is that it seems that even in this thread there's an underlying assumption that the government has legal authority to make laws about guns, when that authority has been specifically denied in both state and federal constitutions.
    I don't think so. I think I can fairly safely say that the vast majority of INGO posters acknowledge the current law(s) surrounding LTCH's and guns, in general but that doesn't mean acknowledgement equates to acceptance of constitutionality.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I heard that Obummer was going to use an executive order to ban bacon.

Little known fact: the white house was burned in 1814 because president Madison threatened to ban canadian bacon imports. It had nothing to do with the war of 1812 itself.:laugh:

Top Bottom