• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anyone know the name of the 1500 vendor that is usually in the first room that sells the magnets for storing guns? The kind that mounts under a table, etc? I believe they even have one for mounting a shotgun to. Anyone have a web address for them? TIA

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome

Louisville.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have one and its amazing that the three magnets hold firmly a loaded gun. It has a very flat profile, prefect for mounting a handgun in a discreet location.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    But do they scratch the gun? I know the sales parson says they don't, but I haven't heard any real life experiances yet. I know magnets attract all sorts of junk over time. Just curious if it causes scratches to the gun. Aslo, would they work with polymer guns (ie Glock, S&W M&P, Ruger, XD)?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    But do they scratch the gun? I know the sales parson says they don't, but I haven't heard any real life experiances yet. I know magnets attract all sorts of junk over time. Just curious if it causes scratches to the gun. Aslo, would they work with polymer guns (ie Glock, S&W M&P, Ruger, XD)?

They have a rubber (or plastic or something) cover... so unless something else got stuck there, it wouldn't stratch it (i don't think).

I saw a glock mounted on it at the 1500...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I wonder if you bought two, that if you could actually mount a rifle in a very good location in a closet, up above ones head when he walks in the door. Easy reach, out of the way, discreet... etc.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

I've got two around the house, one holds a G36, the other a PF-9. Neither have any scratches on them from the Fastholster. I've had them for about two years now.

mettle, I think the magnets are powerful enough that two could hold a rifle. JMO

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

They really are strong and I notice that the hard plastic coating is starting to wear on one of the outside magnets from me pulling the gun off it repeated times. Nothing lasts forever and I guess it will eventually wear out eventually. But not for many years of heavy use.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    They really are strong and I notice that the hard plastic coating is starting to wear on one of the outside magnets from me pulling the gun off it repeated times. Nothing lasts forever and I guess it will eventually wear out eventually. But not for many years of heavy use.

Lowe's or Menard's carries a product called Plasti Dip that you could use to repair the plastic coating if you need to.

Specialty Coatings & Adhesives, Industrial Coatings, Protective Coatings – Plasti Dip International

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Okay, I'm a computer idiot. I've tried clicking twice on the above link and Firefox locked up both times. Anyone have an idea why? My computer has been running on the slow side lately. Is there a plug in I'm missing or something? Thanks

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Okay, I'm a computer idiot. I've tried clicking twice on the above link and Firefox locked up both times. Anyone have an idea why? My computer has been running on the slow side lately. Is there a plug in I'm missing or something? Thanks

Restarting your computer, running disk defrag will help or you may have a virus slowing it down.

Are you having trouble with Welcome or the plasti dip website?
    :ingo:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Restarting your computer, running disk defrag will help or you may have a virus slowing it down.

Are you having trouble with Welcome or the plasti dip website?
    :ingo:

I'm having trouble with the welcome link. I have regcure and just did a scan the other day. I haven't noticed too much difference. I need to find one of the computer gurus on here that is near me and give him $75-100 to go through this thing to clean it up.

Top Bottom