• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I like to stock up on extra parts in order to keep things running like stuff to tune up the cars and small engines and other things.

As I am relatively new to handguns I was wanting to order some extra parts for my XDM in .40 and was wondering what I should pick up to have on hand. If there were to be a time when I could not just hop on the internet and order me some parts I would like to have them on hand.

Thanks!

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    my two pennies.. not an expert..

pins, springs, mags, barrel, holster, ammo, primers, brass, powder, projectiles, I save ammo trays and boxes to package and store reloaded rounds..

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I like to stock up on extra parts in order to keep things running like stuff to tune up the cars and small engines and other things.

As I am relatively new to handguns I was wanting to order some extra parts for my XDM in .40 and was wondering what I should pick up to have on hand. If there were to be a time when I could not just hop on the internet and order me some parts I would like to have them on hand.

Thanks!

I have an XD and keep a set of springs and an extra guide rod for mine. Also, some extra mag springs would be a good idea.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I like the identical gun route but still want parts to keep them running. I am also planning on getting a conversion kit where I can accept more than one caliber of ammo with the same gun.

Next on the list is learning to reload.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I like the identical gun route but still want parts to keep them running. I am also planning on getting a conversion kit where I can accept more than one caliber of ammo with the same gun.

Next on the list is learning to reload.

One of the best things you can do at this point is get a gun with as few moving parts as possible, that way you have less chance of losing or breaking those parts. This includes magazines and clips. Think revolver and SKS. Not to say that guns with magazines or clips should be excluded from your list, just something to think about.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i just lost the striker retaining pin out of my xd. its the one that drops down into the hole on the top of the slide about an inch behind the ejection port. get some of those.

Top Bottom