• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghille45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    afghanistan
    florida.... hmm I guess it is, it was called pre trial intervention, the lawyer said that my charges would be dropped upon completion of the program and that was that. I'm not really sure honestly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If memory serves me correctly, my lockermate in law school was a Dade County Assistant State's Attorney and he called them "alt pros" (alternative to prosecution). Is that what you had?

I'd call your attorney in Florida and ensure that no conviction transpired and that the case was in fact dismissed (get a copy of the court order too just in case).

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    One of my friends was denied to purchase a rifle by NICS. I have been trying to help him along by advising but I am stuck.

He sent fingerprints in to the FBI and a letter explaining that he was turned down because he was a fugitive from Justice.

They sent back a Criminal History Record showing that he had been charged with Marijuana -Possess Less than 1 oz. in Chartersville Municipal Court, Ga.

Disposition: Convicted 1995-02-24 ; guilty

Sentence: Fine $363

Would this prevent him from purchasing a gun? What can he do to become eligible again?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. I told him I would try to help him resolve this there is a solution.

Sounds to me like he needs to pay the fine.:twocents:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Radiculous

...catch a pot charge at 18 and from what I have seen your done with guns....
    And never be able to vote. I think that is radiculous too. Even 50 years from now, unless something changes, he will not be able to vote or have a handgun for protection. Sad. Most of us do things at age 18 that we are not proud of and considered crimial. We just didn't get caught.

Top Bottom